Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Question: How to get phone book stored in mobile phones with S40 5th platform?

Hi,everyone.
    I want to get phone book from mobile phones with series 40 5th platform, is there some method except for using JSR75 PIM API(Java)?

By the way, it is said that Nokia has private protocol, if you have some related documents, will you let me know?

All help is appreciated.

my email is: iechongchao@hotmail.com

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Question: How to get phone book stored in mobile phones with S40 5th platform?

Note that this thread is posted to "Symbian C++ / Symbian Tools & SDKs", you can find the Mobile Java board if you click back to "Programming Languages" on the top.

Regular Contributor

Re: Question: How to get phone book stored in mobile phones with S40 5th platform?

somebody online?

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    Note that this thread is posted to "Symbian C++ / Symbian Tools & SDKs", you can find the Mobile Java board if you click back to "Programming Languages" on the top.
    Although JSR75 PIM API(JAVA) mentioned, my question is how to get phone book, which is unrelated to special programming language(e.g.,Java).

thank you.

Then simply search for phonebook in the Wiki. You will get a couple Symbian C++ hits, and if that happens to be not enough, knowing the API-s, classes they use, you can search for them too.

Regular Contributor

Thank you very much.
    But I find that only JSR75 PIM API can be used to get phonebook info from Nokia S40 5th mobile phone, there is not any other method. Any advice? thanks again.

BR.
    Jerry
    Success can only be grasped by action,not by blabber.

Oh, you have tricked me a bit with your previous post, and I have not re-checked the original question.
    So: on S40 there is no "other" language. It is a Java-only platform, so forget anything else. Even if some secret/workaround API exist, that is going to be Java too, and should be discussed on the Java board (you have already started a thread there as I see).

Regular Contributor

Hum, if tricked you a bit, that is absolutely not my real intention. I show my apology to you for my expression.

Thanks all the same.

BR.
    Jerry
    Success can only be grasped by action,not by blabber.

Super Contributor