Discussion Board

Question Gauge/Slider widget/customitem with negative values? (to be used on lcdui forms)

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a slider or gauge widget I can use on a lcdui form (on an S60 3rdEd FP1/FP2 device) and that supports negative values. What I want is something like this:
    Code:
    |---|-------|
    -3  ^ 0    +3
    I have tried this with the Gauge item but it does not support negative values. If possible I would also like to hide the numbers under the slider, but that too seems impossible with the Gauge item.

Could somebody provide me with code to do this? Or a link to some existing implementation maybe? Maybe somebody has already implemented something like this as a subclass of CustomItem?

Note: it is really important I can use this together with an existing UI based on lcdui forms and items. So I guess that rules out J2ME polish or eSWT stuff? Or not?

Thanks in advance,

-Matthias

Re: Gauge/Slider widget/customitem with negative values? (to be used on lcdui forms)

Yes, you are right. eSWT widgets can not be used together with the LCDUI (I regret that decision ).