Discussion Board

Turning off new S60 browser preview window for CBrCtlInterface (Embedded browser)

Hi,
    When using the Embedded browser with the N95 8GB and other new S60 3rd edition devices I am seeing the new web page preview window on top of my browser control. I would like to be able to turn this off programatically for the Embedded browser. Does anyone know how I would do this?
    Regards,
    Brian

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Turning off new S60 browser preview window for CBrCtlInterface (Embedded browser)

I have not seen such a feature, but you could maybe study the header for CBrCtlInterface and see if any of the flags could actually do this one.

Re: Turning off new S60 browser preview window for CBrCtlInterface (Embedded browser)

Looking at the browser application on the N95 8GB I see that this feature is called "MiniMap". There is an option in the settings to turn it on and off.

I will try looking through some of the settings in the header file to see if I can find the appropriate one.
    Thanks,
    Brian

Super Contributor

I don't know if you can do it per control instance, but you could try creating the control without the ECapabilityGraphicalPage capability.
    Download Symbian OS now! [url]http://developer.symbian.org[/url]

Might be very very late to answer in this thread but this might help people who are face this problem in future. You could try diabling TBrCtlDefs::ESettingsPageOverview.