Discussion Board

Service messages

When I buy a game from Nokia market they send me a service message which allow downloading the application; Is this kind of messages available for third parties to use? Is there a way to copy or to forward them so any other device can also perform the download? What after downloading, Is there a way to backup the device memory and restore it to another device which means making illeagle copyes of my product?

Regular Contributor

RE: Service messages

Hello,

Service message is a normal WAP Push or SMS message, which was generated at the server. You need to have a special contract with an operator to be able to create them from a server.

Normally the messages contain a server generated one-time ticket, which prevents the user from using the same link more than once. The ticket is embedded in the link, which directs WAP browser in the phone to load the JAD file. JAR file is downloaded according to link in JAD file.

Server destroys the ticket after successfull download. This means that another user trying to use the same ticket wouldn't get anything.

Regards,

Petteri / Forum Nokia

RE: Service messages

Hi,

You unfortunately cannot generate the WAP Push message by yourself. You need to have a contract with your local operator, as Petteri mentioned earlier, for PPG access. WAP Push message is then generated by sending a certain kind of message in XML format to the PPG. More information about WAP Push in general can be found from the document called "Getting started with WAP Push". The document can be found from the Forum Nokia's web site that document will also describe the format of the XML message in detail.

Best regards,
    Jori
    Forum Nokia