Discussion Board

parts of a nokia phone

i had a discussion with somebody about the parts of a nokia phone.
    he claimed that every single part how smal and complicated it is, is made by nokia itself and not by other company's. I can'rt believe that one single factory is capable of making al the parts so can someone give me the name of a part and the company that make's it it doesn't matter wich part! (like the carl zeiss lens of a n73)

Super Contributor

Re: parts of a nokia phone

No, Nokia does not make every single part and component of every phone model. The components (displays, plastics, memory chips, etc.) can come from different suppliers making them to Nokia's specifications.

Nobody in the electronics industry can make everything themselves (not even those that actually produce also components for others besides themselves, like Samsung).

For example, phones using the TI OMAP 2420 processors, have those processors manufactured by Texas Instruments (and, actually, even TI might not be doing them on their own, but having some other factory/foundry doing it for them). With the Carl Zeiss lenses on some Nokia models you already have another example yourself.

Re: parts of a nokia phone

thank you
    your information was really helpfull
    i won the bet