Discussion Board

Writing to a file on device

I'm developing a Flash Lite 2.1 application in which I'd like to output user-generated data to a log file on the device (I'm using a Nokia E62 with FL 2.1 player). Is there an easy way to do this? Capturing log files is common practice in software development. However, I've tried searching online, this forum and the one at Adobe, and have not had much success in finding a solution.

Please help!

Re: Writing to a file on device

Hi rockleung!

You can try using third part software like Kuneri Lite, Janus or even writeFile (here).

Hope it helps

Leonardo
    [url]http://www.leonardorisuleo.info/blog/[/url]

Hi Leonardo,

Thanks for replying to my message. I'm especially glad to hear from you because I believe you created WriteFile. I've been trying for the last week to get WriteFile working on my device but have been having difficulties. I would appreciate any advice.

The .fla example appends and replaces text in a file on the device without problems. I've tried to use the same code in my application to append text to the file but I keep getting the error "Generic Error". I'm not sure what the problem is and I'm not able to figure out exactly what loadVariables() is sending to writeFile.exe.

I've also tried LoadVars(), which appears to send the information that is correctly formatted, but I also get the error "Generic Error".

I would greatly like to get writeFile working so any help would be much appreciated.

cheers,
    Rock

Hi,

writeFile is a little bit dated now and when I done it I did not take much care of different errors codes...

If you feel, send me your test fla file for testing... I'll try to figure out the problem.

Cheers,

Leo
    [url]http://www.leonardorisuleo.info/blog/[/url]