Discussion Board

Smile [moved]How to get software details from mobile device using j2me api or any other api

Hi, Can anyone please tell me how to get the installed software details like(software version,software name,other details) from mobile using J2me api or anyother api.

I m trying to develop a Midlet which should retrieve all the softwares details, installed in mobile device and displaying in list. I got the methods to retrieve the System properties ex:System.getProperties("com.nokia.mid.imei");

So please let me know if anyone knows the answer..

Thanks

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: How to get the software details from mobile device using j2me api or any other ap

Quote Originally Posted by azar_sheik View Post
    Hi, Can anyone please tell me how to get the installed software details like(software version,software name,other details) from mobile using J2me api or anyother api.

I m trying to develop a Midlet which should retrieve all the softwares details, installed in mobile device and displaying in list. I got the methods to retrieve the System properties ex:System.getProperties("com.nokia.mid.imei");

So please let me know if anyone knows the answer..

Thanks
    hi azar_sheik
    welcome to the forum nokia discussion boards.

It will we better if you post your question at the JAVA forum so that you can get some good solution.

Regards
    Gaba88

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: How to get the software details from mobile device using j2me api or any other ap

moved to proper forum

check these system proeprty strings (which are not all available on all devices)
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/document/...C996A25D7.html
    those are the main ways of getting system specific information

Hartti

Quote Originally Posted by hartti View Post
    moved to proper forum

check these system proeprty strings (which are not all available on all devices)
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/document/...C996A25D7.html
    those are the main ways of getting system specific information

Hartti
    Thanks Hartti, but i have those properties,using which one can retrieve system properties, but my question was- how to retrieve the installed software details(software name,version,etc).As per my view i have searched a lot i didnt find any methods or j2me api.if u have any sample midlet which can give hints to my problem then please send it to me.

Nokia Developer Champion

You don't. No such Java APIs are available. For S60/Symbian based phones, you can do more with a C++ app, but you can pretty much forget about doing it with just J2ME (on most every manufacturer's phones, I bet).

Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    You don't. No such Java APIs are available. For S60/Symbian based phones, you can do more with a C++ app, but you can pretty much forget about doing it with just J2ME (on most every manufacturer's phones, I bet).

Thanks petrib, i agree.You are telling that for symbian based phones we can do more with C++ app.Is there any C++ api to retrieve the installed software details(atleast to get software version no).Once again i got some C++ methods to retrieve phones basic properties like harware version,OS version which is not required for my application.Let me know if you know the answer.

Thanks..