Hi!

environment:
XP Pro SP2
VS2005+SP1
Carbide.vs 3.0.1
SDK 3rd Edition MR (device target = E65 eg OS 9.1, french language)

I am beginner with Symbian development and I am trying to install a .sis file (generated from SDK sample application) on device E65.
I have generated "Hello World" application (.sis release build through GCCE) using carbide.vs default certificate (.cer and .key in 'Certificates' folder) and auto-signing carbide.vs property.

After sis file deployment (with PC Suite or NAI), I select this .sis signed file on device (E65), and following error occurs :
"File is corrupted" (well the true message is "Fichier corrompu"...)

From carbide VS help, I read this section:
"File is corrupted."

There might be file(s) with invalid name(s) in the installation package, or the installation package might be corrupted, or a file is missing or cannot be found and installation can't proceed, or trying to install a file that is not recognized as a valid SISX file.

Please could you give me some support to solve this problem ?
What the difference between .sis and .sisx file ? Is .sisx file mandatory for OS 9.1 ? If yes, how to generate it ?
May I copy sis/sisx file to specific folder on device ?
How to get some details on "File is corrupted" (eg a tool to check a .sis file, ...) ?

Thanks in advance.

PKG file contents:
------------------

; E65.pkg
;
;Language - standard language definitions
&EN

;Standard SIS file header
#{"E65"},(0xeadb1213),1,0,0

;Localised Vendor name
%{"Vendor Name-EN"}

;Unique Vendor name
:"Vendor Name"

;Supports Series 60 v 3.0
[0x101F7961], 0, 0, 0,{"Series60ProductID"}

;Files to install
"C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\release\gcce\urel\E65.exe" -"!:\sys\bin\E65.exe"
"C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\E65.rsc" -"!:\resource\apps\E65.rsc"
"C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\E65_reg.mif" -"!:\resource\apps\E65_reg.mif"
"C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\data\z\private\10003a3f\apps\E65_reg.rsc" -"!:\private\10003a3f\import\apps\E65_reg.rsc"
"..\help\E65_0xeadb1213.hlp" -"!:\resource\help\E65_0xeadb1213.hlp"
"..\group\PrivacyStatement.txt" -"!:\private\eadb1213\PrivacyStatement.txt"

;Required for application to be covered by backup/restore facility
"backup_registration.xml" -"!:\private\eadb1213\backup_registration.xml"