Discussion Board

Help! 6310i stops passing SMS on.

I'm at my wits end with a Nokia 6310i and data-cable.

I'm using some SMS software (ActiveSMS by IntelliSoftware) to process incoming text messages. The problem is that the phone stops passing messages through after an apparantly random period of time, and instead displays them on the phone screen (i.e. "1 message received&quot. All returns to normal if you turn the phone off and on again, until it decides it's not talking to the software anymore. The bizarre thing with all this is that you can STILL SEND SMS's through phone from the software.

Argh! Can anybody please help? Is there a firmware upgrade to the phone? Is it the ActiveSMS software? Is it the damn data-cable?

Help please!

Many thanks in advance,

Mister P.

Nokia Developer Expert

RE: Help! 6310i stops passing SMS on.

Hi!

I have no knowledge about this 3rd party software, so I can't be sure what the problem is, but the software may set the phone not to show incoming messages at the phone. Then if the phone is detached from the software the setting still applies.

You should ask this question from the original software vendor.

Teemu / Forum Nokia

RE: Help! 6310i stops passing SMS on.

I can certainly understand how frustrated you feel, it seems impossible to get the simplest information on these technologies sometimes. To be honest if you are any kind of developer I would go for AT commands for this job driven by something like Visual Basic. You are much more in control. I found the SDK does not to reliably maintain a connection to the 6310i. I currently going through the same (painfull) process myself. There is some sample VB code in one of the answers here. - good luck