Discussion Board

Angry Series 40 Theme v3.0 light format?

I'm currently testing Series 40 v3.0 light format themes on my Nokia 2630 handset (S40 5th Edition LE) & encountering problems.

Below is the statement from Nokia Forum's website outlining the new features on Carbide 3.2.1.0.

Export in Series 40 Theme v3.0 light format converts images to Fractal Image Format (FIF) before they are stored in the theme deployment package (*.nth file); this offers much higher compression ratios than the standard Series 40 Theme v.3.0 compression, thereby reducing the size of the distribution file

When I package my v3.0 light format, it piles EXTRA file size on (in relation to just packaging it as v3.0)!

When I come to install & apply the v3.0 light theme on the 2630 device, it restores the device to a default theme!!!! When you install a v2.0 format instead, it installs & applies without any problems!! This makes no sense!!

Can anyone explain why the v3.0 light format files appear to be corrupt?

Re: Series 40 Theme v3.0 light format?

Quote Originally Posted by Fonestarz View Post
    I'm currently testing Series 40 v3.0 light format themes on my Nokia 2630 handset (S40 5th Edition LE) & encountering problems.

Below is the statement from Nokia Forum's website outlining the new features on Carbide 3.2.1.0.

Export in Series 40 Theme v3.0 light format converts images to Fractal Image Format (FIF) before they are stored in the theme deployment package (*.nth file); this offers much higher compression ratios than the standard Series 40 Theme v.3.0 compression, thereby reducing the size of the distribution file

When I package my v3.0 light format, it piles EXTRA file size on (in relation to just packaging it as v3.0)!

When I come to install & apply the v3.0 light theme on the 2630 device, it restores the device to a default theme!!!! When you install a v2.0 format instead, it installs & applies without any problems!! This makes no sense!!

Can anyone explain why the v3.0 light format files appear to be corrupt?
    Hi.....
    Basically this 3.0 light format is applicable only for certain phone and not all (and Nokia 2630 dosent support this format.... as of now only Nokia 5000 supports this format).. and the main useage of this is for faster rendering of images in phone ... this is the main difference when packaged in 3.0 and 3.0light format .....

Thanks for the response.

How are we supposed to know which handsets are supported by the v3.0 light file format when Nokia doesn't provide any concrete literature?

I assumed that this file format would be compatible with ALL S40 5th Edition LE handsets. Why is it only the Nokia 5000 handset that accepts this file format and not the Nokia 1680 classic & Nokia 2680 slide which are all part of the same platform?

Should I be packaging my themes as S40 v3.0 files just to be sure that they install properly?

Should I be packaging my themes as S40 v3.0 files just to be sure that they install properly?[/QUOTE]

Ya it has to be packaged in 3.0 so that its installed properly.

Thanks for your response!

Should I just use a v3.0 package (not light) on the Nokia 5000 as well, just to be sure? I haven't got that handset so I can't test on it.

Can anybody expand on my previous comments as well.

How are we supposed to know which handsets are supported by the v3.0 light file format when Nokia doesn't provide any concrete literature?

I assumed that this file format would be compatible with ALL S40 5th Edition LE handsets. Why is it only the Nokia 5000 handset that accepts this file format and not the Nokia 1680 classic & Nokia 2680 slide which are all part of the same platform?

Cheers!

I'm using a wonderful iphone theme in my Pocket PC, you can also get this one at http://www.iphonethemeforpocketpc.com/.

Feels like now i'm having a new iphone

Itz really amazing....

I just purchased the Nokia 5000 and the S40 3.0 LE themes worked. I think .fif files can only be recognized by 5th edition FP1(LE)handsets and not the 5th edition (LE).

FoneStarz... do you have the handsets 1680 classic or the 2680 handsets to test the LE themes?

Thanks for your input!

I only have the Nokia 2630 (5th Ed LE) to test on and no FP1 handsets unfortunately.

Do themes packaged as just v3.0 and not v3.0 light install on the 5th Ed FP1 devices ok?

yes, both the 2.0 and 3.0 regular can be installed on the nokia 5000 3rd edition FP1.

Many thanks ondyk!

Could somebody post Nokia 5000 themes in S40 Theme v3.0 format?

Lightbulb need b bit help

could some one tell me..how to know tht which phone supports v2.0 ,v3.0 or 3.0 light format????m using nokia 5130 it supports v 3.0 so why it also supports v 2.0????
    one more thing to ask what are external tools and how to use and set them????and where to get them??or create them??plz do tell me
    Last edited by saqi_91; 2010-09-03 at 23:26.

Re: need b bit help

Themes version 2.0 are handsets with Platforms S40 3rd Edtion, S40 3rd Edtion FP1 and FP2
    Themes version 3.0 are handsets with Platforms S40 5th Edtion, S40 5th Edtion FP1 and FP2

External tools are the softwares that are installed on your computer which you can use for editing components of your themes.