Discussion Board

Hybrid View

eSWT - regarding license and requirements

Dear All,

I am new to this forum and also to this technology. I work for siemens as java developer. I needed to know if there i some license policy that when though eSwt is supposed to be open source. Also if there any sepcific hardware requirements. The license pertaining to using it in organizations for development purpose. Does eSWT require specific licensing and hardware requirements? I would be highly obliged if someone could answer this query.

Regular Contributor

Re: eSWT - regarding license and requirements

Quote Originally Posted by srikumarv View Post
    Dear All,

I am new to this forum and also to this technology. I work for siemens as java developer. I needed to know if there i some license policy that when though eSwt is supposed to be open source. Also if there any sepcific hardware requirements. The license pertaining to using it in organizations for development purpose. Does eSWT require specific licensing and hardware requirements? I would be highly obliged if someone could answer this query.
    I think you are asking the question in the wrong board. While eSWT is a widget toolkit, it's a widget toolkit in the "user interface control" -way. "The WidSets and Widgets" boards here on Forum Nokia are about widgets as in "web widget applications". You'll have better luck if you ask in some Java ME related board - in particular if you can find some Java ME user interface board!