Discussion Board

Thread: EGL with X

EGL with X

Hi,

I am looking for some EGL implementation on top of X window system.I have gone through the EGL spec, but finding it too abstract on areas where it talks about the reltion between EGL & the underlying window system.It would be easier if i could have got chance to look into similar code.

If anyone has similar code or expertise with whom, i can discuss my doubts..please let me know.It would be very helpful for me.

Thanks,
    Mustaf

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: EGL with X

Are you sure about that your question is related to Symbian C++ or at least to mobile-specific development in general?

As far as I'm aware FreeKODE is the only open source implementation of OpenKODE available and they haven't done EGL yet.

Sorcery

P.S. This definitely isn't a Symbian question as there is no X on Symbian!

Hello,

This is not symbian related question but obviously related to mobile domain.If we have a linux platform & we want to have OpenGL-ES in that, then we need this kind of EGL on top of X so that my OpenGL-ES apps can be registed with the X window system & gets all the support from X like any normal apps gets.

OR, let's say do we have any EGL implementation on any window system e.g. windows etc.Because there are lots of concepts being explained in the EGL spec related to EGL binding to the native window system, which i am finding difficult to understand, so thought i have some code to look into, it would be much easier.

I have not found much infor in the net also about EGL implementation on X, so thought of putting here.If i am not allowed to put any non-symbian related Qs, then i will not do so henceforth.

Regular Contributor

Hi,

i think the better forum for these questions is the one from Khronos Group:

http://www.khronos.org/message_boards/index.php

The Website is also providing lots of informations to EGL and OpenGL ES.

Best regards,
    Andi