Discussion Board

Routing audio to FM transmitter?

I am using CMdaAudioOutputStream and would like to be able to route audio to the FM transmitter that is available on the N78. Does anyone know how to do this?

I have tried using the audio routing API found here and selecting audio to be routed to all outputs, but this didn't work.

Maybe there is a new enum for the audio routing API that hasn't been published or maybe there is a brand new unpublished API for this.

Thanks.
    Michael Coffey

Re: Routing audio to FM transmitter?

I'd suggest you make a technical support request for this. Unless you are already powering up the FM transmitter and intialising it then it is almost certainly not on, so sending audio to it wouldn't do you any good anyway.

I'm not aware of a public API to use it but I haven't looked for one either.

Sorcery

It seems that the only application that is able to send audio to the fm transmitter is the built in music player and you have to select an option mene item to get it to start.

I am guessing that there will be a new API somewhere for this. I think I will raise technical support request or I heard of a partnering API request, maybe I should try that.

Cheers.

Nokia Developer Moderator

You are required to make technical support case before opening a API partnering request, this is due the fact that API partneing does not contain any technical support that could do the technical evaluation for your use case.

It seems that you have to pay money to do either of those things so I don't think this is going much further.

Correct. It is effectively subsidised in terms of the time that staff in Nokia will spend on it but not really viable unless it's for a commercial project.

Sorcery