Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

devvideoconstants.h

I've installed MDF DevVideoRecord API Plugin to record video from memory buffer.

I've downloaded DevVideoEx.zip from http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...deo_Record_API.

DevVideoEx.zip include devvideobase.h that calls an not existent file devvideoconstants.h!!

So any application that uses MDF DevVideoRecordApi calls devvideoconstants.h that i haven't found in the plugin package!!

Where can i find devvideoconstants.h?

Why plugin package miss devvideoconstants.h?

Should i purchase Technical support to obtain this file?

Thanks.

Nokia Developer Moderator
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

Re: devvideoconstants.h

Have you a link for my problem?

Quote Originally Posted by negus View Post
    Have you a link for my problem?
    You could atleast try Lucian's advise. The beauty of that was you just had to press a button and appeared 2 links, one lead to this thread (which obviously is not what you were looking for) and the other lead to http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...deoconstants.h which answered your query very specifically!!
    Lucian 'Thank You' on behalf of negus ;)

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    You could atleast try Lucian's advise. The beauty of that was you just had to press a button and appeared 2 links, one lead to this thread (which obviously is not what you were looking for) and the other lead to http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...deoconstants.h which answered your query very specifically!!
    Lucian 'Thank You' on behalf of negus ;)
    Sorry ... i've been misunderstanding ... I thanks Lucian for your answer but, reading the second result post about my question, the only solution proposed was purchase technical support. So i'd like to know if there is another solution to obtain devvideoconstants.h.

DevVideoConstants.h is a file owned by Symbian but classified by them as public release. However, since it is not included in the public SDK there are only two ways of getting it:
    • Become a Symbian Partner and get access to their BAK/DevKit
    • Use Forum Nokia's S60 API Partnering process although it is intended only for S60 APIs which this is not.

There is no other way of getting the file.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    DevVideoConstants.h is a file owned by Symbian but classified by them as public release. However, since it is not included in the public SDK there are only two ways of getting it:
    • Become a Symbian Partner and get access to their BAK/DevKit
    • Use Forum Nokia's S60 API Partnering process although it is intended only for S60 APIs which this is not.

There is no other way of getting the file.
    A last question ... or your point of view ...

Why publically publish a plugin that require to purchase a file to use it?

Because the released plug-in has not been properly tested and we've learned about the missing file only after the release. Technically speaking the header also belongs to another internal API which is not approved for release which means that this is not simply a question of updating a zip file.

That said I will try to get the file into the plug-in but until that happens ...
    -- Lucian

Regular Contributor

Because the released plug-in has not been properly tested and we've learned about the missing file only after the release. Technically speaking the header also belongs to another internal API which is not approved for release which means that this is not simply a question of updating a zip file.

That said I will try to get the file into the plug-in but until that happens ...
    Thank you Lucian ... but i don't understand completely your answer (sorry for my bad english).

What do you mean with "That said I will try to get the file into the plug-in but until that happens ..." ?

I mean that if you have the luxury to wait until this file is released then do so, but I cannot give you now a deadline for the file release, nor can I really promise that it will be released ever.

So, to get your job done in time you need to get access to the file by utilizing the above presented options.
    -- Lucian

Regular Contributor

I mean that if you have the luxury to wait until this file is released then do so, but I cannot give you now a deadline for the file release, nor can I really promise that it will be released ever.

So, to get your job done in time you need to get access to the file by utilizing the above presented options.
    Ok ... Excuse me if i abuse of your time but ... do you know a library to encode 3gp file (or other video format) from memory (sequence of images that i write in memory)?

I've found only librery to encode video file from cam, but not from memory or image files.

Thank you very much!

I could maybe answer that currently there is no public API for that use case, also I'm unaware of any private API that could the task, but for questions like this, we of course have the paid technical support, feel free to open a case in there.

Super Contributor

Try the 3.1 UIQ SDK - its in mine and I don't recall copying it from the devkit, of couse I could be wrong :(
    Download Symbian OS now! [url]http://developer.symbian.org[/url]

Sorry,

if i became member of Forum Nokia PRO (it's free for my company?) i can access to e-store. Then, i can buy for EUR 90.00 a Nokia "Partnering API Request", all right?
    I try to use DevVideoRecord API (included in the new plugin for FP2), but an important header file "devvideoconstants.h" isn't included in.
    With the "Partnering API Request" i can have this header file?

Thanks,

Fabio

Quote Originally Posted by f.tasso View Post
    Sorry,

if i became member of Forum Nokia PRO (it's free for my company?) i can access to e-store. Then, i can buy for EUR 90.00 a Nokia "Partnering API Request", all right?
    Anybody can access the e-Store after creating the proper account. You do not have to become a Forum Nokia Pro member for that, it would in fact be almost impossible to do it as the Pro memabership is by invitation only.

I try to use DevVideoRecord API (included in the new plugin for FP2), but an important header file "devvideoconstants.h" isn't included in.
    With the "Partnering API Request" i can have this header file?

Thanks,

Fabio
    Yes, you can apply for access to that file and its dependencies (if any).
    -- Lucian