Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Runing SyncML Application

Hi All,

I am a newbie to Symbian OS. I want to create an application that accesses a Sync Profile and Initiates the Sync. But I am not able to use the Sync ML API classes in my Application as it gives error like below for every SyncML file I use .

Undefined symbol: 'RSyncMLSession::RSyncMLSession(void) (??0RSyncMLSession@@QAE@XZ)'

may be I am not able to include the lib files and header files Properly as SyncML lib and header files are not included in standard sdk.

I am using "S60-3.2-SDK-f.inc3.2130" and carbide1.3.
    I am able to run hello world and other examples also but the example I am trying to run is :
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...e:DataSync.zip

I am going nowhere with this, can anyone help me regarding running this example?

Super Contributor

Re: Runing SyncML Application

smlclient.lib in your mmp file

Hi skumar,

first of all thanks for reply.
    I have included syncmlclientapi.lib in mmp file but its not working in EMULATOR DEBUG configuration
    but if I change thee build configuration to PHONE DEBUG (GCCE)[S60_3RD_FP2_SDK]- or PHONE RELEASE (GCCE)[S60_3RD_FP2_SDK] then it compiles successfully but no sis files are generated

Nokia Developer Moderator

You may have to create the .sis file "manually": right click on the .pkg file, and select "Build PKG File" (or something similar).

hi all,

can anyone please suggest some way out...
    when I try Build Configuration EMULATOR DEBUG(WINSCW) it shows compile errors like "Undefined symbol......... " may be its not getting the syncml libraries.
    while PHONE RELEASE (GCCE)[S60_3RD_FP2_SDK] compiles fine, creates sis file , which I have to self-sign manually through cmd.
    when I install it to N82 it first warns "Incomatible App" and then closes with an error Message "Required Application access not granted"

Please help me why its not running on EMULATOR DEBUG(WINSCW) configuration and what is required to make the sis Installed...

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rakeshyadav View Post
    when I try Build Configuration EMULATOR DEBUG(WINSCW) it shows compile errors like "Undefined symbol......... " may be its not getting the syncml libraries.
    while PHONE RELEASE (GCCE)[S60_3RD_FP2_SDK] compiles fine
    Unfortunately I cannot check the FP2 SDK itself, but http://www.symbian.com/developer/tec...RSyncMLSession still writes smlclient.lib - as suggested by Skumar -, but somehow you referred syncmlclientapi.lib. Could you re-check what you are doing actually?
    , creates sis file , which I have to self-sign manually through cmd.
    According to te default Carbide settings, the created .sis file is already signed unless you have disabled that.
    when I install it to N82 it first warns "Incomatible App"
    Missing platform identifier(s)
    and then closes with an error Message "Required Application access not granted"
    Self-signing can not grant all capabilities, check the docs and possibilities on www.symbiansigned.com (start with "The Complete Guide To Symbian Signed" on the opening page).

Some of the possible installation problems are described here: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...roubleshooting

thanks for replying and your suggestions wizard_hu_

actually i have downloaded APIs from nokia and it has header(.h) files and libraries(.lib and .dso). may be I am not able to include them correctly , can you suggest me how to include them?

secondly the error given while installing sis points towards protected UID , I have Imported a DataSync example through Bld.inf file. I have not done anything with UID, however it is showing UID = 0x100039CE and UID3 = 0x0F036012 in DataSync.mmp file
    Is there anything that I can do to make UID unprotected and make my application run?

can anyone tell me the procedure to add new Libraries like syncMl and make my application compile .

and also how can I make my UID from unprotected range and In which files I have to chnage the existing UID
    so that it gets installed on device

Super Contributor

If you read Docs for Plug in API sdks are not meant to be used for Emulator Builds.

thanks skumar, so now i have to test application on my N82 . I have used Opensigned to sign my application as self-sign wasn't working. now my Sync application installs however it gives a warning "Incompatible application . So you still want to continue" on pressing yes it installs.
    I can see the Icon in Application List but it never runs. nothing happens if I click its Icon. No Idea what is wrong now.
    Do this has anything to deal with my Symbian OS version.?

Super Contributor

"Incompatible application . So you still want to continue" comes when you have a incompatible UID in your pkg file.

I have requested a protected UID from SymbianSigned and replaced the old UIDs in DataSync.mmp, DataSync.pkg with it.
    Is there anything that I have missed?
    and this warning was displayed prior to this also when I was using self-signing.

Super Contributor

can you show us your pkg file .

You should be having some thing like this.
    Code:
    ;Supports Series 60 v 3.0
    [0x101F7961], 0, 0, 0, {"Series60ProductID"}

Here is my .pkg file

; DataSync.pkg
    ;
    ;Language - standard language definitions
    &EN

; standard SIS file header
    #{"DataSync"},(0x2001D778),1,0,0

;Supports Series 60 v 3.0
    (0x101F7961), 0, 0, 0, {"Series60ProductID"}

;Localized Vendor Name
    %{"My Test EN"}

;Unique Vendor name
    :"Vendor"

; Files to copy
    "C:\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK\epoc32\release\gcce\urel\DataSync.exe"-"!:\sys\bin\DataSync.exe"
    "C:\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK\epoc32\data\z\private\10003a3f\import\apps\DataSync_reg.rsc"-"!:\private\10003a3f\import\apps\DataSync_reg.rsc"
    "C:\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK\epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\DataSync_loc.Rsc"-"!:\resource\apps\DataSync_loc.Rsc"
    "C:\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK\epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\DataSync.Rsc"-"!:\resource\apps\DataSync.Rsc"

UID(protected) is taken from SymbianSigned and pasted in .pkg file.

here is the link from where i downloaded the DataSync Example
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...e:DataSync.zip

Super Contributor

(0x101F7961) Should be [0x101F7961]