×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2

    Smile How to manipulate streaming voice data for encryption?

    Hello to Everyone!

    I'm new to the symbian platform development and I would like to know how the process of transmitting data such as voice, SMS or MMS are being done before being transmitted to the cellsites. I need to manipulate those data and have it encrypted.

    The project is to come up with an encryption to encrypt data before it is being transmitted from the cellphone. The project will use Nokia Phone S60. I read articles about the Symbian and the architectural aspect of it but I didn't find any topic pertaining into manipulating voice before it is being sent and I am wondering if this is possible.

    The project can use regular voice call or VOIP as long that if they use the software to call it will be encrypted.

    The encryption software should be both installed each phone to encrypt on one side and decrypt on the other and vice-versa.

    • Is this type of data manipulation in the low-level part of Nokia?
    • Is the Symbian have telephony libraries to manipulate data before transmiiting?




    Thank you all in advance

    - mrprintedwall
    Last edited by mrprintedwall; 2008-09-06 at 00:02. Reason: Notification on my email

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    28,688

    Re: How to manipulate streaming voice data for encryption?

    Why have not you read the (currently) neighboring thread, http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=143592 as a first try?
    Anyway, short answer: no, you can not.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2

    Cool Re: How to manipulate streaming voice data for encryption?

    Thank you for the reply

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2

    Re: How to manipulate streaming voice data for encryption?

    Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    Why have not you read the (currently) neighboring thread, http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=143592 as a first try?
    Anyway, short answer: no, you can not.
    Hello wizard_hu_
    Why do Forum Nokia champions and Experts always give discouraging answers?
    Any ways, I am In the process of developing an application that encrypts the normal call voice data and transmit it using csd. Do you have any suggestions concirning how to develop the application? If any restricted API is needed and how to get it. Even if any deal is needed, how to make the deal with the privilaged party.

  5. #5
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Lempäälä/Finland
    Posts
    29,166

    Re: How to manipulate streaming voice data for encryption?

    Quote Originally Posted by melknokia View Post
    Why do Forum Nokia champions and Experts always give discouraging answers?
    I would not really say always, I would say only in cases that require it.
    Quote Originally Posted by melknokia View Post
    Any ways, I am In the process of developing an application that encrypts the normal call voice data and transmit it using csd. Do you have any suggestions concirning how to develop the application? If any restricted API is needed and how to get it. Even if any deal is needed, how to make the deal with the privilaged party.
    Data calls are not really supported with 3rd & 5th ed, thus you should opt for using VoIP calls instead.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2

    Re: How to manipulate streaming voice data for encryption?

    Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    I would not really say always, I would say only in cases that require it.


    Data calls are not really supported with 3rd & 5th ed, thus you should opt for using VoIP calls instead.
    Thank you! symbianyucca.

Similar Threads

  1. how to manipulate data captured?
    By fuchsia1155 in forum Bluetooth Technology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2007-05-13, 15:29
  2. Making a data connection within a voice call
    By puneetsharma728 in forum Symbian Networking & Messaging (Closed)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2007-03-20, 09:05
  3. Half Duplex Audio Streaming
    By subhrajyotisaha in forum Symbian Media (Closed)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2006-05-25, 04:39
  4. Grabbing the voice data packages
    By in forum Symbian
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2004-05-31, 19:13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×