Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

wat shud i develop

hello members,
    hi to all,well i m confused a little, m an enginering student and need to develop a project as a part of the course curriculum,my problem is that i want something in j2me but cannot decide wat it shud be,so members please sort me out,give some cool ideas as to wat shud i develop in j2me,something useful and creative is wat i m thinking,
    regards,
    akshay

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: wat shud i develop

Quote Originally Posted by akshay0912 View Post
    hello members,
    hi to all,well i m confused a little, m an enginering student and need to develop a project as a part of the course curriculum,my problem is that i want something in j2me but cannot decide wat it shud be,so members please sort me out,give some cool ideas as to wat shud i develop in j2me,something useful and creative is wat i m thinking,
    regards,
    akshay
    Hi akshay
    it will be better if you think of a idea of your own and start developing. If you face any problems during the development then this developers discussion board is always there to help you.

Moreover you can look at the wiki there you will get a good amount of help.

Regards
    Gaba88

Super Contributor

hehe u cant actually ask for something creative and afterwards act as if it was ur own idea, that wouldnt be creative at all...
    it's gonna be ur project so u might place some of ur own ideas/personality in it...
    u might want to make an app that stores the soccer or cricket scores of ur national teams ?
    or make an app that keeps track of ur favorite movies...
    or make an app which show picture...

plenty of ideas, dont expect something really special or extraordinary cause people are gonna keep those to themselves...
    but when ur finished with ur creative porject feel free to post the source code somewhere here

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi akshay0912,

not really an idea, but a pointer:
    * Jarpa
    * Project Capuchin

Pit

Regular Contributor

Hi,

If you can develop something that overcomes J2ME security issues which have been discussed heavily in the forum, surely it is very initiative. Everyone will thank you.

But should you start with simple application. Think whatever you can do with J2ME.

May God Bless You!
    ---Knowledge sharing is power---

Hans

Regular Contributor

hi tiger,
    thanks for the advice,m thinking about real time streaming via bluetooth,i've done real time streaming over an emulator in the past,i think it should be a great idea!!
    ok,now coming back to the topic,wat all do i need for this,kindly reply at the earliest,
    regards,
    akshay

Regular Contributor

hi tieutue,
    thanks for the advice,m thinking about real time streaming via bluetooth,i've done real time streaming over an emulator in the past,i think it should be a great idea!!
    ok,now coming back to the topic,wat all do i need foer this,kindly reply at the earliest,
    regards,
    akshay

Super Contributor

are we talking audio or video streaming ?
    Anywyas sounds like a pretty challenging project, im not sure if this is feasable for someone who is just starting out with j2me...

Regular Contributor

hi tiger,
    m talking about real time video streaming via bluetooth,is this possible,i have done real time streaming over an emulator a month ago,i need to know wat h/w or s/w is required to carry out this project,i wud also like to know any source code examples or references regarding this project.
    regards,
    akshay

Super Contributor

thats whats google is for my friend
    I guess here is a part of "research" in ur course, what ur doing right now is not really research is it ?

To help u on the way :
    U'll need a server that streams the audio/video, u'll need a Bluetooth transceiver for the server, and u'll need a mobile with Bluetooth, Bluetooth API's and any other API's that are necessary for the streaming....
    source and references I leave up to someone else to supply, i'm more one of those that encourages people to look for themselves instead of supplying everything in bite-size chunks...

Regular Contributor

hi tiger,
    actually m not into any type of research,wat i want to do is to develop an application which streams a video via bluetooth from pc to pc or pc to mobile,i don't know anything about bluetooth transceiver,could u please tell wat this transceiver wud do,can't this be done with a streaming server or any server which is able to resolve the bluetooth protocol,because wat i did earlier was not so challenging,i just streamed a video using rtsp protocol(darwin streaming server)over an emulator
    regards,
    akshay

Super Contributor

im not sure what ur trying to say...
    rtsp is a data-transfer protocol, bluetooth is also a data transfer protocol, only its wireless...
    so ur asking if a server cant do the same, actually anything can be a server but thats completely inherent to the fact that its not about whats going to be the server but how ur going to get the data at ur mobile (bluetooth)... so a server cant do what a bluetotth transceiver would do, unless u build ur own transceiver (look the word up on google : www.google.com its a search engine)...
    whilst ur there look up bluetooth also !

Regular Contributor

hi tiger,
    i think i've not made myself clear on my project,let me define the "problem definition",it goes like
    suppose i've a laptop which has an integrated webcam and is bluetooth enabled,now i wanna use this laptop camera as a spycam and capture the contents of any room or anything,now if i have another laptop which is also bluetooth enabled,what i want to do,is to transfer the feeds of spycam laptop to the other one via bluetooth,or i may summarise as i want to keep a look on my laptop thru the spycam laptop and this will all be done via bluetooth,
    ok,i wud like to know that is it possible?and,will a client server code be used in doing this or a standalone code wud do it?
    i think i've now made myself very clear.
    regards,
    akshay

Regular Contributor

hi akshay0912,
    first u need bluetoth dongle to receive and transfer the media data via bluetooth connection.
    second, u need capture device (camera or something else) and live encoder that can encode the video as real time (helix mobile, ffmpeg, etc). Since you use bluetooth connection and not RTSP/RTP connection that actually run under TCP/UDP connection, so i think u can not use that RTSP/RTP protocol. My sugestion is using input stream to send data (server) and receive that (client).
    thats all i know, please correct me if im wrong.
    may u have succces with this project, and dont forget to share that ^_^!!

-best regards-
    adek