Discussion Board

max polyphonic for 6610

Hi,

I was told by forum support people that 6610 is not able to play a midi which has more than 4 polyphonic.

However, I can play this midi http://203.117.95.23/temp/test.mid which is reported to be more than 4 poly (by Beatnik Editor) in my 6610.

My question is why sometime I can play more than 4 poly and sometime cannot ?

Or is it that the number of polyphonic reported by Beatnik editor is wrong ?

Are there any other software that can state the number of polyphonic of a midi file ?

To calculate the number of polyphonic in a midi channel, is it that we only need to cater Note On/Off midi event ?

Thanks.

BR,
    HY

Super Contributor

RE: max polyphonic for 6610

Hi,

If the (SP-)MIDI file has MIP message in place also terminals with lower polyphony level can play the file. There's quite a good document available conserning these issues in http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/1,35452,1_2_7_1,00.html -> "MIDI in Nokia phones".

Best regards,
    V / Forum Nokia

Super Contributor

RE: max polyphonic for 6610

Hi,

> Another thing is, if I use Nokia Sound Convertor to convert my midi
    > poly and save, upload to my phone. The converted midi should be
    > SP-MIDI, right ? But it still cannot be played in the phone....

I converted the file you send me using Nokia Sound converter and it worked just fine in 6610. While converting you should also change the channel priority in order to make it work, ie. put the channels with lowest polyphony up.

Best regards,
    V / Forum Nokia