Discussion Board

Nokia Connectivity Pack and Active Sync

I have the 6210 with the connectivity pack.
    Sony Vaio GR214EP running XP Pro
    Ipaq 3630 + Compaq Bluetooch jacket

The PC Card with the Connectivity pack is in the laptop. My Phone and the laptop work fine together - DUN is ok as is PC Sync.

My ipaq can communicate with my 6210 fine. DUN is no problem.

My problems occur with Microsoft Active Sync when trying to sync between my ipaq and my laptop - Active sync cannot recognise the type of mobile device.

As far as i can see all all devices are working properly as they should be but there appears to be some incompatibility somewhere between Active Sync, Win XP Pro and my ipaq.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

TIA

Alex

RE: Nokia Connectivity Pack and Active Sync

Hi there
    If you try to go to compaq's help, you will see a lot of problems with hotsync. Compaq have released 2 updates - but primarily for the 3com bt set. I have the same problem, and have written Compaq several times. The problem is that it's difficult to find out where the problem lies, Compaq, Microsoft, Digianswer or Nokia........

Nick

Alex, had the same problem.

There is a new Compaq Bluetooth Manager and firmware available for the IPAQ. I installed these and eventually got it working, although the order was important which I cant remember now either.

Check the compaq site for the new software...

Thanx both of you. I will visit the compaq site and see what i can find. If i get a solution i will document what i did and post it here !!

wish me luck