Discussion Board

read Cell ID use python run on MWS

Hi

Actually for a project i need to read the GSM Cell ID and add it to a HTML page. The problem is that location.gsm_location() returns NONE when the python script runs on the server. I wrote same script and ran it via signed Python Script Shell and worked well (shell is signed my my IMEI).

Can anybody guide me how I can give permission to MWV to have location capabilities? I could not find any unsigned MWV .

Thnx in advance
    Ali

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: read Cell ID use python run on MWS

Quote Originally Posted by alireza.sahami View Post
    Hi

Actually for a project i need to read the GSM Cell ID and add it to a HTML page. The problem is that location.gsm_location() returns NONE when the python script runs on the server. I wrote same script and ran it via signed Python Script Shell and worked well (shell is signed my my IMEI).

Can anybody guide me how I can give permission to MWV to have location capabilities? I could not find any unsigned MWV .

Thnx in advance
    Ali
    Hi Ali
    welcome to the forum nokia discussion boards.
    i dont know much abt Mobile web Server but have a look at this link it may help you a bit.

Regards
    Gaba88

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by alireza.sahami View Post
    I wrote same script and ran it via signed Python Script Shell and worked well (shell is signed my my IMEI).
    Yes, the GSM location requires the ReadDeviceData capability, which the Apache of MWS lacks.

If you have access to the S60 development environment and the RVCT compiler, you can take the Apache source from SourceForge, build it with the capabilities of your choise and replace the Apache of MWS with the one you have built yourself.

Please let me know if this is an option for you and I can provide more detailed instructions.

Johan

Quote Originally Posted by jhnwkmn View Post
    Yes, the GSM location requires the ReadDeviceData capability, which the Apache of MWS lacks.

If you have access to the S60 development environment and the RVCT compiler, you can take the Apache source from SourceForge, build it with the capabilities of your choise and replace the Apache of MWS with the one you have built yourself.

Please let me know if this is an option for you and I can provide more detailed instructions.

Johan
    would be great if you can guide me how i can do that

Ali