Discussion Board

using RVCT compiler with s60 3rd fp2 v1.1

I have a licensed RVCT 2.2 compiler, build 616 and I installed "S60 3rd Edition SDK for Symbian OS, Feature Pack 2 v1.1" of 23.07.2008. How do I cause the two work together?

My first step will be to compile a simple static library with RVCT. I could not find online resources to help me with this simple task.

Super Contributor

Re: using RVCT compiler with s60 3rd fp2 v1.1

Normally, when you create or open a project in Carbide.c++ and then set the active Build configuration to ARMv5, it will automatically use RVCT to compile it.

Alternatively, you can use command-line and type:

bldmake bldfiles
    abld build armv5

Does it not work at all for you?
    Antony Pranata
    http://www.antonypranata.com/
    http://www.s60tips.com/

I was using Carbide.vs 3.0.1. I could not figure out how to "introduce" RVCT to it. But the truth is, I was looking for a shortcut. The static library I am building has no Symbian-specific dependencies. I have makefiles to compile it for BREW ARM7 and ARM9, and ARM11, and for XScale (this one with arm-linux-gcc), and for Windows Mobile (with Microsoft ARM compiler)...

I thought, maybe I can tune the makefile and get a library that can be used on S60.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by alexcohn View Post
    I was using Carbide.vs 3.0.1. I could not figure out how to "introduce" RVCT to it. But the truth is, I was looking for a shortcut. The static library I am building has no Symbian-specific dependencies. I have makefiles to compile it for BREW ARM7 and ARM9, and ARM11, and for XScale (this one with arm-linux-gcc), and for Windows Mobile (with Microsoft ARM compiler)...

I thought, maybe I can tune the makefile and get a library that can be used on S60.
    there are no conventional make files used with symbian [except some project from mozilla that is started some time back]. But the symbian build using MMP and inf file works fine.

and to use RVCT you just have to call "abld build armv5 urel" for more info refer to documentation.