Discussion Board

Bluetooth and FM Radio...

Hi there!

I have a question which may or may not have been asked before (search shows up little info)

Basically I want to know if I can listen to FM Radio from my Nokia phone (N85) while using a bluetooth speaker system (assuming the speaker system has a built in antenna). Is this possible? Or do all phones with FM radio need some type of physical connection to a speaker in order for it to be heard? (Does a speaker system like this exist?)

Likewise do Bluetooth headsets pick up FM radio from the phone without having to be phyically connected to the device? Thanks for any info

BC

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Bluetooth and FM Radio...

FM radio is FM radio, be it in a standalone receiver or embedded in mobile phone, and as such the device requires an antenna (i.e. a wire).

A wireless (Bluetooth) antenna would be a wireless wire

Once the radio receiver decodes the radio signal and converts it audio signal that can be routed to wireless headsets, also I have never tried to see if the phone likes to have both wireless and wired headsets (as the antenna) connected at the same time.

Btw, this forum is not suitable for end-user discussions regarding Nokia's phones. You can try instead http://discussions.europe.nokia.com
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

Re: Bluetooth and FM Radio...

hi bass cadet
    if u listen fm radio in ur phone and while you use a bluetooth speaker system this posible when other phone with fm radio need physical connection at same time
    and other phone also comptble for this.ok