Discussion Board

Sync between Nokia 6310i (and other Nokia phones) and IBM Lotus Notes 6

Hello Nokia Support Team!

I am using Nokia 6310i and Lotus Notes 6 bus since RC1 this doesn't work any longer. Can you please fix this because I need this for our customers in ABB, BASF, ALSTOM and other Companies.
    We hope to get a solution, because the Notes-sync is one of the major facts to buy Nokia phones. If this does not work we will buy other phones in future.

Thank you for reply!

Kai Brmmer
    SOBIS Software GmbH
    IBM Business Partner

RE: Sync between Nokia 6310i (and other Nokia phones) and IBM Lotus Notes 6

Hi Kai,
    I may suggest you to start lookin to SyncML enabled phones.
    While they have same issues with connecting directly to PC, there is no problems synchronizing over the air.
    Probably its even more useful for customers you mentioned.
    As good example I may recommend www.mightyphone.com.

Feel free to contact me in case of questions.

I secound Kai comments

The 6310i is an excellent phone for company phones tri-band, Bluetooth, supports legacy accessories, with PC synchronization. We don't need cameras and color screens.
    I am encountering the same issue I have tried using the v5 address book but that did not work what I guess what is needed is a Notes60_11.dll to be written. I have mentioned this to my IBM rep and I would like to see some feedback from Nokia on their plans for this phone. I like SyncML but at this point local PC synchronization is fine. Again I am looking for compatibility not wiz bang.

Please no more shameless adds here. Just real solutions for the 6310i for Notes 6

Agree: need support for Nokia 6310i sync with IBM Lotus Notes 6

Hi Nokia Support Team!

I fully agree. It seems that Nokia PC Suite 5.1 supports synchronization with IBM Lotus Notes 6, but that version is not fully compatible with the Nokia 6310i phone. So we need a solution for Nokia PC Suite 4.88, which is the current version.

Our primary problem seems to be lack of support of contact synchronization; i.e. Notes Personal Address Book (NAMES.NSF).

The Nokia consultant says -> IBM/Lotus has to fix it.
    The IBM consultant says -> Nokia has to fix it.

So i'm quite frustrated right now. Please lead me to a solution.

Regards,
    Fredrik Strange

When will Nokia react?

Dear forum, dear Nokia,

as announced in other boards, we are using the 6310x and the software Data Suite exactly for the already mentioned reasons other forum members.
    More then 100 6310x, more then 50 car kits for company cars and for the 6xxxx series - and now we have updated to Lotus Domino R6 and the Notes Clients R6x - when will Nokia react to the questions of the business customers? Is it not possible to develope a new version of the Nokia PC Suite to ensure a sync is also possible for Lotus Notes R6?

Best regards
    Dirk Denzer
    twenty4help Knowlede Service

Nokia has rejected to support ND6 for Nokia 6310i!

Hi.

Hrmmmm, and we have about 800 Nokia 6x10 mobiles...

Last week i got an official mail from a Nokia marketing manager who has been in contact with Nokia R&D department.

The reply stated that development for Nokia 6310i software has been closed for long - and since Notes 6 was not a known product on the market at that time - it is not supported.

Version 4.88 will probably be the last version. He points out that all new mobile phones do support Notes 6 sync; e.g. with Nokia Suite 5.1.

Regards, Fredrik Strange.