Discussion Board

Reading operator info..e.g. bts connected to

Hello All,
    Iam an Undergrad Bsc. Computer Science,a newbie to mobile programming, .. but i was wondering if there could be any way i could be able to write an application which would be able to read network operator data e.g base station connected to at a certain time, signal strength (that the device uses to connect to BTS), and send this info as an sms.
    I will be more than glad if u can help.
    ..ps..and could i do it in ps60/j2me or only SymbC++.
    thanx a bunch

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Reading operator info..e.g. bts connected to

Quote Originally Posted by neo4reo View Post
    Hello All,
    Iam an Undergrad Bsc. Computer Science,a newbie to mobile programming, .. but i was wondering if there could be any way i could be able to write an application which would be able to read network operator data e.g base station connected to at a certain time, signal strength (that the device uses to connect to BTS), and send this info as an sms.
    I will be more than glad if u can help.
    ..ps..and could i do it in ps60/j2me or only SymbC++.
    thanx a bunch
    hi neo4re0
    you can do that in PyS60 please have a look at this article for Cell Id information and this article for the strength of the signal.

Hope this helps you
    Enjoy Pythoning
    Gaba88

Quote Originally Posted by gaba88 View Post
    hi neo4re0
    you can do that in PyS60 please have a look at this article for Cell Id information and this article for the strength of the signal.

Hope this helps you
    Enjoy Pythoning
    Gaba88
    I definitely knew...py had to have it..saves me a lot of work...btw would such an app. written in pyS60 be able to communicate with a server app wriiten in erlang efficiently, with required info....thanx for the info.....py never has a shortage of such people.

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by neo4reo View Post
    I definitely knew...py had to have it..saves me a lot of work...btw would such an app. written in pyS60 be able to communicate with a server app wriiten in erlang efficiently, with required info....thanx for the info.....py never has a shortage of such people.
    hi neo4reo
    i dont know about the interaction of the server app but i feel your python app in your phone will be definitely able to commuincate with that have a look at this article.

Enjoy Pythoning
    Gaba88