Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Can't install example to real device.

I have build SIPExample from S60_3rd_MR SDK.

After that I create sis:
    createsis create sipex_gcce.pkg

And try to install sipex_gcce.SIS to real device (E65). But there is error: "Required application access not granted"

What's wrong?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Can't install example to real device.

you are then propably defining more capabilities in your mmp than your certificate allows.

Regular Contributor

This is Example from nokia (SIPExample). I did't change something.

Ok let me re-phrase the suggestion of Jukka(so it sounds better to you) :

Your certificate allows lesser capabilities than needed in the mmp file

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    Ok let me re-phrase the suggestion of Jukka(so it sounds better to you) :

Your certificate allows lesser capabilities than needed in the mmp file
    Hmm... Examples in nokia S60 SDK not for real devices, but for emulator only?

Hi,
    The SDKs various examples which are using capabilites which are not there for the self signed applications. If you want to confirm what Symbian_Neil and symbianyucca are refering to have a look into your example's mmp CAPABILITY. Also check this link for more information on what capability a user self signed application is having
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Capabilities
    so in case there is some Capability which is there in your mmp and not in the user capability list(in case you are using self signed certificate) then it won't allow you to install application on the device.
    Maximus
    S60 Developer
    Impossible is nothing

Quote Originally Posted by valexey View Post
    Hmm... Examples in nokia S60 SDK not for real devices, but for emulator only?
    Rephrasing again : you need appropriate certificate to sign the example application to test them on the device.

To avoid further rephrasing of the same suggestions, you could check the link provided by yogpan. Also you could search the DiBo for further information on capability and certificates,

Nokia Developer Champion

SIPExample contains some capabilities which do not come under user-grantable set of capabilities. Apparently you cannot sign it with Self-signed certificate. You have to sign your sis file with Developer certificate.

You can sign your sis file with OpenSigned Online. Make sure that you select all the capabilities which you use in your application on OpenSigned Online request page.
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by kiran10182 View Post
    SIPExample contains some capabilities which do not come under user-grantable set of capabilities. Apparently you cannot sign it with Self-signed certificate. You have to sign your sis file with Developer certificate.

You can sign your sis file with OpenSigned Online. Make sure that you select all the capabilities which you use in your application on OpenSigned Online request page.
    Hmm... May be I should change UID? (there are uid's 0xAXXXXXXX and 0x1XXXXXXX in this sip-example)

Hi,
    I dont understand how changing the UID is going to help your cause. It seems that your example application needs more capability than the user defined capabilities so the best way to make it work on the device is to get the developer certificate for your device and sign your sis with it.
    Kiran has already thrown enough light on how to get the developer certificate. Its better you try this approach.
    Maximus
    S60 Developer
    Impossible is nothing

Nokia Developer Champion

Hmm... May be I should change UID? (there are uid's 0xAXXXXXXX and 0x1XXXXXXX in this sip-example)
    You can proceed with Opensigned online without changing anything for now. Just create .sis file and submit it to symbiansigned.

Carbide will sign your sis file with selfsigned certificate and produce .sisx file. Submit .Sis file, not .Sisx.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by kiran10182 View Post
    You can proceed with Opensigned online without changing anything for now. Just create .sis file and submit it to symbiansigned.

Carbide will sign your sis file with selfsigned certificate and produce .sisx file. Submit .Sis file, not .Sisx.
    I created sis:
    makesis sipex_gcce.pkg

I try to sign it by OpenSigned Online, but there is error:
    "FAILURE: Submitted .sis file uses a UID that is not allocated to the account holder matching this email address."

Nokia Developer Champion

I created sis:
    makesis sipex_gcce.pkg

I try to sign it by OpenSigned Online, but there is error:
    "FAILURE: Submitted .sis file uses a UID that is not allocated to the account holder matching this email address."
    Ok. I got the point. 0xA.... range should be used when submitting your self-signed application for Symbian signing. If you use 0xE.. range then it won't complain about this failure because E range has been reserved for development purpose for Self.signed applications. Now what you should do is, change UID3 of the example. There are 5 UID3 used in the example which fall into 0xA... range. You have to change them one by one. You can take 5 UID from 0 range (0x00000000 to 0x0FFFFFFF). It would be a long process though.

• Take "gameengine" and replace all the occurrences of 0xA.. UID with first UID from 0 range
    • Take "gameUI_series60" and replace all the occurrences of 0xA.. UID with second UID from 0 range
    • ...so on

PS: While changing UID, For e.g: 0xA00001EA with 0x05000000, search for A00001EA only and use replace all with 05000000 in whole project. This will help you.