Discussion Board

NMIT 3.1 and IE 6.0.2600

Have just downloaded Mobile Internet Toolkit 3.1 and start it executing. I select the demo folder 'Training' and text in training.xhtml. I can select the default 'Nokia Mobile Browser 3.0.1' and the demo works as advertised. Quite impressive!

I then want to prove the xhtml is compatable with IE 6.0.2600. I open training.xhtml in IE, IE thinks about it and then displays an error message 'The XML page cannot be displayed.' It goes on to say 'Cannot view XML inoput using style sheet.'

Can anyone advise me as to how I can get the default training demo to execute both within NMIT 3.1 and IE 6.0.2600?

Regular Contributor

RE: NMIT 3.1 and IE 6.0.2600

The problem is that IE gets hung up on the XML declaration in the first line of the .xhtml files. If you delete that line, it will show up on IE.

- Matt
    Toolkit Team

RE: NMIT 3.1 and IE 6.0.2600

The answer is a little bit different.
    IE supports XHTML and different kind of XML content. The problem is that the sample documents extension is not registered by default in windows registry. Basically IE does not know by default how to handle that extension (xhtml). By default it tries to handle it as a generic XML file and has some trouble with parsing and validating the DTD as they are seem to be broken (at least I was not able to find any XML validator that accepts them).

There r two options available:
    1. rename all files to have .htm(l) extension and correct internal links
    2. update registry of your machine to recognize .xhtml files as text/html mime type