Discussion Board

How does xHTML work with the Mobile Internet toolkit and MS IIS ASP ?

I am trying to build asp pages that produce xHTML. When I use the Mobile Browser Simulator and the Server Simulator in the toolkit I am getting errors. When I set the response ContentType to "text/html", the xHTML code is translated to WML. If I set contenttype to "application/xhtml+wml", I get WML Browser Error "unsupported content type".

What do I have to do to the IIS server and the toolkit to make all these parts produce and support xHTML?

Regular Contributor

RE: How does xHTML work with the Mobile Internet toolkit and MS IIS ASP ?

Hi,
    Without thinking of anything much I want to caution you that probably there are 2 emulators out of which one supports XHTML. You might want to try using the other emulator than the previous one you tried with. I am not sure though if you tried on both the emulators and are still getting that kind of error. I just have a hunch because all your settings and mime types look proper.

regards,
    Sudnyesh.

Hi,

you could try setting the mime time to application/xhtml+xml. this is the mime type supported for by most device manufactures.

Hope it helps,
    Kind regards,

Richard Hazenberg
    www.atobemobile.com

Hi,

I am a newbie to Nokia Mobile Internet Toolkit 3.1.
    Can i run ASP,cgi files in my IIS server and retrive the output of these files from my XHTML page. i mean can i make Mobile phone browser the client and IIS the server.

Thankyou
    Raghavendra
    raagzcd@yahoo.com
    Bangalore
    INDIA