Discussion Board

Unhappy problem with audio streaming

I wrote a simple audio streaming player. I try to stream from the playlist.

player = Manager.createPlayer("rtsp://***.sdp");

it is working fine on Nokia N78 but when I run it on Nokia N82 or Nokia N73. the player only plays few seconds music then stop(I don't really know if it is stoped, but I can't hear anything any more).

Does anybody know what is the problem?

Re: problem with audio streaming

i had found out the problem, it is because there is a loop causes out of memory. So now it is working on most of the Nokia phone, but no Sony Ericsson. I don't understand. Is SE using some special port for rtsp connection?

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi popeztl,

I think you'll find more SonyEricsson useful infos and replies here:

https://developer.sonyericsson.com/community/java_me

Pit

Regular Contributor

hi popeztl,,
    as i know we should make own code to parse RTP packet from server. i dont know before that manager can make rtsp connection. i just currently doing mobile streaming research too and ever read like that before.can i see ur code to use that rtsp protocol or contact u ?

thanks for u help.

regards
    adek aidi

Question Re: problem with audio streaming

Quote Originally Posted by laili_aidi View Post
    hi popeztl,,
    as i know we should make own code to parse RTP packet from server. i dont know before that manager can make rtsp connection. i just currently doing mobile streaming research too and ever read like that before.can i see ur code to use that rtsp protocol or contact u ?

thanks for u help.

regards
    adek aidi

HI,

I am also trying to stream the songs in Nokia 5300. Its not working. But hartti told 40 series 3rd fp2 devices should be supported to RTSP streaming. but even Mobile browser,direct file also not playing. but in E61 and N95 its playing. if any knows about this help me please. and i have one small doubt in mobile streaming settings. I used the RTSP port no 554 for Darwin streaming server, But in mobile streaming settings UDP ports, This is the reason i cant stream the songs in nokia 5300?

Regards,
    Suresh

Regular Contributor

Suresh,
    do you build and use ur own video client or use existing one (like real player) ?

regards
    adek aidi

Red face Re: problem with audio streaming

Quote Originally Posted by laili_aidi View Post
    Suresh,
    do you build and use ur own video client or use existing one (like real player) ?

regards
    adek aidi

Hi adek aidi,

See i put the songs in Darwin server. I tried to play the songs from server using RTSP port(554) in mobile. But its not working in Nokia 5300 and its working in N-60 series like(N-95 and E61) mobiles. I need to play the songs in Nokia 5300. Is there any mobile settings requirements set? Kindly help me, Because it very important for me...

I am trying for this one weak onwards, but i didnt get. Please as early as possible i need to work on Nokia 5300..

Regards,
    Suresh A

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by suribabuas View Post
    Hi adek aidi,

See i put the songs in Darwin server. I tried to play the songs from server using RTSP port(554) in mobile. But its not working in Nokia 5300 and its working in N-60 series like(N-95 and E61) mobiles. I need to play the songs in Nokia 5300. Is there any mobile settings requirements set? Kindly help me, Because it very important for me...

I am trying for this one weak onwards, but i didnt get. Please as early as possible i need to work on Nokia 5300..

Regards,
    Suresh A
    Hi Suresh,,
    i think im not really capable about answering this kind or problem now, since my project not use existing streaming server (darwing, helix, etc) coz i want to modify some message in RTSP protocol so i make my own server and client both. my problem is how to get RTP packet from live encoder and parse/play that in client (take only the payload).

As we can read from this link, Series 40 3rd Edition FP 1 to Series 40 3rd Edition FP2 support RTSP protocol (i just know this several times ago !_!).

all im thinking is maybe u cantry to change the packet size of RTP packet, since S60 and S40 is different platform. u can check this at ur encoder settings. and make sure it support the format + codec (im not sure Nokia 5300 and N-60 have different codec / format support..please check that)

may it helps.. please confirm again if u have success with ur code

regards
    adek aidi