Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Questions about XHTML Browsers and Server Configuration

Hi,

I have developed a simple XHTML test with some photos using Nokia Mobile Internet Toolkit. The photos are in gif file format and the file sizes are about 3-4 KB. I first run the test with NMIT as local files and everything works fine. Then, I placed the XHTML files on a local server (apache) and run the test via the NMIT emulator and EPOC emulator. But, I got the following problems:

1. From the NMIT default emulator (Nokia Mobile Browser 3.0.1), I can only see texts, but not photos.

2. From the EPOC emulator (downloaded from Symbian 6.1 SDKs), I add the local http location as bookmarks and run it, but nothing happened.

Looking at the NMIT User's Guide, I found some information about the server configuration. I used the guidance on the page 22 to set the MIME types in my apache mime file and started the server again. The problem still occurred.

My questions are:

1. Is there anything else I have to do on the server configuration or something on the emulators?

2. Can I run the XHTML files on the EPOC emulator as local files? How to set it up?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Willa Wei

Nokia Developer Expert

RE: Questions about XHTML Browsers and Server Configuration

Hi!

1. Make sure that the images are in the location that is determined in the XHTML code. That's what first came to my mind.

2. Symbian 6.1 SDK has only WML browser, so it doesn't support XHMTL.

sannah/Forum Nokia Developer Support

I think we have the same problem.

How can I view/test an XHTML page I did in the new EPOC emulator?

Regular Contributor

Hello!

We apologize that there is a bit confusing information in the "WAP Service Developers Guide for Nokia Series 60 Phones with XHTML Browser". Either the emulator, which is included in the Nokia Series 60 SDK, or the Series 60 Content Authoring SDK 1.0 for Symbian OS, Nokia edition does not support XHTML, but only WML. We will modify this information about the emulator in the Series 60 document.

Kind regards,
    Satu/Forum Nokia Developer Support