Discussion Board

phone not recognizing wbxml

When I send wbxml message to the mobile, it does not recognize it as a bootstrap message, It is handling it as a simple message and just opens it. I am using https://www.emsoap.net web service to send wap message.
    Does a wap message itself has a specific header that tells the mobile device to treat it as a bootstrap message.
    By using this (emsoap.net) message sending service I can only write the message text in a text field.

I have used xml2wbxml tool to convert Client Provisioning xml doc to wbxml, it shows garbage symbols when we open
    wbxml doc, which is fine as it is converted to binary xml, but how can WSP and WDP headers can be added to it?

I have read the document for Series 40 Clinet provisioning 1.3 which actually shows the hexadecimal values.
    I have tried to send these hex values in a message but no result, as surely the mobile phone recognized it as a simple sms message.
    Is there any other sms service that I can use for this purpose.

Hope someone will answer my silly questions.
    with a lot thanks

Re: phone not recognizing wbxml

Hi,

Paste here the WBXML code in hex format so that we can help you. you need to append some Headers without which phone can't recognize the code.

Regards,
    Sudhakar
    Regards,
    Sudhakar

I have tried the example found in the nokia s40 Client Provisioning 1.3 document at Appendix B. The example shows the
    hexadecimal conversion at the bottom of the xml. When I encode the Client provisioning xml using xml2wbxml tool it show diffent symbols, which is of course the encoded form of xml. My question here is that in order to send the document to the mobile, one needs to send the hexadecimal code values or the one created by xml2wbxml.
    By using third party sms service, we are unable to create headers, only what we can do is to enter the text and then send. I think we have to use the sms/wap push service which can create the headers of type bootstrap wap CP document.

Nokia Developer Expert

Thumbs up Re: phone not recognizing wbxml

Hi,
    Please try to use OMA tool, http://172.27.27.90:8080/OMATool for coverting XML to Wbxml and send it to your mobile.
    Good luck.
    Regards,
    Sriram

hi sri.appana
    thanks for the reply
    URL is not working at my side. Saying Operation time Out at my side. How this webxml can be send to the phone, I mean SI message. As far as I understand is SI Push cotains the url of the link, by clicking on the link will send another wap push containing wbxml to the Push Gateway Proxy that is responsible for delivering the content to the phone. Is there any online free service where I can test it by sending the bootstrap configuration on the phone.

with thanks

Nokia Developer Champion
    logicalusman, please let us continue there …