Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

VOIP and GSM call

Hi All
    I've a VOIP application and also a GSM (SIM card) in my device. At the time of making call it will show me two options one is VOIP call another one is GSM call. How can i active this two options I mean If i select the option VOIP call then call will be made from VOIP application of my device and if it is selected GSM call then call will be made from GSM(SIM Card) . How can i do that?

Re: VOIP and GSM call

Aliencse,

I´m not sure that I understand what do you mean... Probably you mean how it is possible to choose whether to use VoIP or basic CS-call?

We finished one project about one and half year ago where we were using Asterisk as a PBX and Nokia terminals with SIP stack. We defined SIP numbers for each 'client' and added them as details to contacts. Then the terminal allowed us to select method for call (VoIP or CS).

What is your VoIP app? If it´s Fring or something I think that it´s then more end-user related matter.

Regular Contributor

@jkangaso
    you got my point. VOIP app is my own created VOIP application like as fring.

How can i do that? It will show me two options and call will be made as per my selected options(if i select VOIP then call will be from VOIP App and if i select GSM then call will be made from SIM)

Nokia Developer Expert

I think that it is possible to bind the voip call command with your application.If I remember correctly, one year ago,I saw a voip application can do. you can check if there is any example about this.if I find or recollect some uesful information, I will post them.
    Last edited by lming; 2008-09-25 at 12:15.

Regular Contributor

Is there anyone who can help me with a sample code?I'm waiting for effective response its urgent for me.

Thanks
    Javed
    Last edited by Aliencse; 2008-09-29 at 06:47.

Regular Contributor

Will someone help in this regard? its urgent