Discussion Board

application identifier (aid)...help

hi, im making a project about location and i need to use sim card`s proactive command PROVIDE LOCAL INFORMATION, i´m not workig with any services provider so i can store an application in the sim card because i need some keys to do it, so i found commands like APDUConnection and JavaCardRMIConnection that provide a conection with application satored i the sim card, someone know a way to know the aid (application identifier) of PROVIDE LOCAL INFORMATION???please i need help!!!
    thanks...
    send my a mail alexis_ypy@hotmail.com

Super Contributor

Re: application identifier (aid)...help

This information (if it is on the SIM card - I am not even aware what kind of information you are after... btw) is likely in the Sim Toolkit. As you need operator signing for accessing STK, this approach will not work for you.

Hartti

hi!!! thanks for answer...the proactive command ive me the network measurement result...in this appear information about the signal strength receibed from cell neighborhood and this information i will use it to reach the location...do you have any idea??

hi im working in a location project, im looking a way to get the information of the received signal strength from neighborhood cell(are needed at least 3 of them to make a triangulation) in a gsm network, this information is at the network measurement report (nmr) a way to get this is to execute the proactive command PROVIDE LOCAL INFORMATION in the sim card my problem beings because i`m not working with any wireless network provider so i can´t store any application in the sim card!! but i´m looking a way (if this is posible)to execute this command from application stored in the phone... i found some command like APDUCONNECTION and JAVACARDRMICONNECTION that make a connection with an application in the sim card but to execute them i need the aid of the application that it called to make the connection...now i don`t know a way to find the aid of the applications stored in a sim card and neither if the PROVIDE LOCAL INFORMATION have any aid...this is my problem...some one could help me????
    please!!!
    thanks.

Super Contributor

I am quite sure that you cannot get the data needed for triangulation.
    See my above answer for using APDU connection for this (not possible, as you need to have operator signing for sending APDU to STK on the SIM card... and I do not know if that method you want to call really exists or provides what you need) and no other solution to get that data exists either.

Hartti