Discussion Board

Thread: live video

Regular Contributor

live video

hi ppl,i need ideas abt sending and viewing live videos.....
    necessary Api......

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: live video

You can view live videos by using Mobile Media API (JSR 135) and accessing streaming servers, with URLs like "rtsp://someserver.com/somevideo.rm".

Sending live videos from Java ME is not possible. You have to record it, then send it. Not really the platform for that use case.

Daniel

Regular Contributor

actually my project is controlling a bot with cameras thru mobile...i need the live video to view thru mob....give me some ideas

Super Contributor

well what is running on the bot ? is it some os u can use as a server (linux or something)... what are u gonna use as hardware platform for the data-transmission ? IR, RF, BT, WIFI ?
    I mean there are obviously loads of options but u have to provide somewhat more information and have clear ideas on how to implement it, afterwards u can look on how u want to adress the video-grabbing function...

Regular Contributor

guys im new to dis...im ece student......by some way i have to transmit video...is it possible to transmit wirelessly thru some micro controller or i have to use cell phone which captures or transmit thru server.........give me some ideas.....

Super Contributor

well some ideas :

microcontroller which sends video from bot, preferably using wifi or bt or even gprs, to a server... Then mobile streams the video from server... direct communication between the two could be through bluetooth i guess.. otherwise another option would be to use two docile pigeons, then u'd have the bot print out the needed images, attach them to pigeon send him/her to some guy which inputs those in his pc, which hosts a server to which the mobile can connect and download the pics

seriously I'd use some kind of central server, to which both the bot and the mobile connect to... the bot will be sending his pics/video and the mobile will be retrieving those..