Discussion Board

Arrow Problem with RConnection's Attach()

Hi,

I need help from you.
    Below are my settings done and tested.
    1. In Real player, access point is set to 'A' which has ap name as airtelgprs.com
    2. In Browser, access point is set to 'B' which has ap name as airtelgprs.com

when i started Real player, it connecting and playing video successfully. At same time when i launch Browser, it is not able to connect to internet server and is returning error -34.
    below is the api call i have made.
    TPckgBuf<TConnectionInfo> connInfo;
    connInfo().iIapId = apId;
    connInfo().iNetId = netId;
    err = iConnection.Attach( connInfo, RConnection::EAttachTypeMonitor );

Please suggest.

Regular Contributor

Re: Problem with RConnection's Attach()

Hello,

You don't have to "fill" the values of iIapid and iNetId in the TConnectionInfo package. The values would be filled once the call to attach() succeeds. Please check the function signature once again.
    Regards,
    Sainagakishore Srikantham (Kishore)

Don't Hope, KNOW!!! ---------- Visit me at http://ssnkishore.blogspot.com ----------

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ssn.kishore View Post
    You don't have to "fill" the values of iIapid and iNetId in the TConnectionInfo package. The values would be filled once the call to attach() succeeds.
    That is not true.
    Please check the function signature once again.
    Both of you could benefit from doing so. RConnection::Attach needs an already open connection, and it is selected by the passed TConnectionInfo (since there can be more than one active access points in a device starting from Symbian 7 as I remember).

However I do not understand the original question. Only one access point can use a given network interface at a time. If you have a separate "XY Streaming" AP for RealPlayer, and "XY Internet" AP for browsing, and both of them are using GPRS, only one of them can be active at a time.
    And I do not really see where your RConnection comes into the picture. However if you configure your TConnectionInfo to a fixed value, and that particular AP is not started, the Attach will surely fail.

Anyway you can find some related articles in the Wiki if you search for active connection and existing connection.

Hi wizard_hu_,

Thanks for reply...

But if you do reverse... i mean start browser first and then real player, both will work finely.... without any problem.
    There will be 2 connections alive with 2 different access points.

Problem is when we first start real player and then browser.
    So there is a mistake in browser which is not handling RConnection properly i suspect.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Well, this is an area which is completely unknown to me. It may happen that the "Streaming" AP is configured as it can work as a "secondary PDP context" (I do not know what that can be, just read the expression somewhere), so it can start/stop itself even when the "Internet" AP is already active, and perhaps the "Internet" AP can not do that if the "Streaming" AP is already working. But these are just guesses even if they sound nicely.
    Wikipedia knows more apparently: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPRS_Core_Network