×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    413

    Series 40 Nokia SDK available for Symbian C++??

    Hi all,

    Is there Series 40 Nokia SDK available for Symbian C++ language?? I tried to find out on forum nokia but couldn't find.I got series 40 SDK but that was for Java..I think there is no series 40 SDk for Symbian.IS it right???

    Rohanwaugh

  2. #2
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pune, India
    Posts
    94

    Re: Series 40 Nokia SDK available for Symbian C++??

    Hi

    check out this link

    http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.nokia.com/id/cc48f9a1-f5cf-447b-bdba-c4d41b3d05ce/Series_40_Platform_SDKs.html

    Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Amey

  3. #3
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    413

    Re: Series 40 Nokia SDK available for Symbian C++??

    Hi Ameya,

    dude i have already seen that..It is for java.I am looking for Symbian..Nice to c ur profile..I am also from Pune. as u .Where r u working??Nice to meet somebody from Pune..on Forum..u r the first one whom i met from Pune..

    Rohan.

  4. #4
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,540

    Re: Series 40 Nokia SDK available for Symbian C++??

    Quote Originally Posted by ameybarve View Post
    Hi

    check out this link

    http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.nokia.com/id/cc48f9a1-f5cf-447b-bdba-c4d41b3d05ce/Series_40_Platform_SDKs.html

    Hope this helps.
    I guess you missed reading that the Rohan had found the series 40 SDKs but wanted to know if there were any for Symbian C++

    Quote Originally Posted by rohanwaugh View Post
    Hi all,

    Is there Series 40 Nokia SDK available for Symbian C++ language?? I tried to find out on forum nokia but couldn't find.I got series 40 SDK but that was for Java..I think there is no series 40 SDk for Symbian.IS it right???

    Rohanwaugh
    Series 40 is based on Nokia OS and AFAIK you cannot use Symbian C++ to code on it.

  5. #5
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    413

    Re: Series 40 Nokia SDK available for Symbian C++??

    Hi Symbian_Neil,

    That means we can't use Series 40 SDK for Symbian Programming.Thanks for the reply.

    Rohanwaugh

  6. #6
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pune, India
    Posts
    94

    Re: Series 40 Nokia SDK available for Symbian C++??

    Hi Rohan,

    Nice to know that you are from pune too.
    You can add me on gtalk @ ameybarve15@gmail.com We can keep in touch through gtalk.

    We can keep the forum clean and not add any personal information.
    Regards,
    Amey

  7. #7
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    413

    Re: Series 40 Nokia SDK available for Symbian C++??

    u r absolutely right..

  8. #8
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    11,359

    Re: Series 40 Nokia SDK available for Symbian C++??

    Quote Originally Posted by ameybarve View Post
    ameybarve15@gmail.com We can keep in touch through gtalk.

    We can keep the forum clean and not add any personal information.
    That email address in plain text is already personal info. Enabling e-mail communication through your forum's profile is the best way of keeping the forum clean :)
    -- Lucian

    If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

  9. #9
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Surat, India
    Posts
    277

    Angry Re: Series 40 Nokia SDK available for Symbian C++??

    My worst day ever !!!
    My requirement is to either get notified for incoming message or reading them from inbox. of nokia 6230 s40 series phone.

    Yesterday I tried with J2me and after lots of searching I found that it's not possible in java.
    Today I downloaded Carbide.C++ and tried with s60 sdk. After creating SIS file I found that s60 sis can not run in s40 mobiles. :(
    Few hours ago I downloaded s40 6th edition, I was searching for how to configure s40 sdk for Carbide.c++ then I found this thread which says we can't use Series 40 SDK for Symbian Programming. What the hell is this ??

    Can any one tell me in which IDE & SDK I should write the code for doing SMS operation in my NOKIA 6230 SERIES 40 phone ??? Please reply me as soon as possible..
    Thanks,
    Rahul Kulshreshtha
    Please choose Notification type as "Instant Email Notification". It must be default.

  10. #10
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,540

    Re: Series 40 Nokia SDK available for Symbian C++??

    If you go to http://www.forum.nokia.com/Devices/D...ications/6230/ you will find the recomended SDK and docs etc.

    Please dont multipost. Let us try to keep this Forum clean. You already have a number of posts with that topic.

  11. #11
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    28,689

    Re: Series 40 Nokia SDK available for Symbian C++??

    Quote Originally Posted by rahul.kulshreshtha View Post
    Today I downloaded Carbide.C++ and tried with s60 sdk. After creating SIS file I found that s60 sis can not run in s40 mobiles. :(
    Few hours ago I downloaded s40 6th edition, I was searching for how to configure s40 sdk for Carbide.c++ then I found this thread which says we can't use Series 40 SDK for Symbian Programming. What the hell is this ??
    Series 40 and S60 are different things, even if they both start with S and end with 0. Series 40 devices can not be programmed in any kind of C++, let it be Symbian or something else. Carbide.c++ is designed to use for C++ development, that is why it can not do anything with Series 40 SDK-s and Java.

  12. #12
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Surat, India
    Posts
    277

    Re: Series 40 Nokia SDK available for Symbian C++??

    Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    Series 40 and S60 are different things, even if they both start with S and end with 0. Series 40 devices can not be programmed in any kind of C++, let it be Symbian or something else. Carbide.c++ is designed to use for C++ development, that is why it can not do anything with Series 40 SDK-s and Java.
    Thanks wizard :)

    After reading those docs suggested by Symbian_Neil, I think there is no way to satify my requirement with Nokia 6230. Anyway I am planing to spend money on Nokia 6600 which is s60 and it will support Carbide.C++ development. I hope that will solve my problem. Any suggestion from you guys ??
    Thanks,
    Rahul Kulshreshtha
    Please choose Notification type as "Instant Email Notification". It must be default.

  13. #13
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,540

    Re: Series 40 Nokia SDK available for Symbian C++??

    6600 is a S60 2nd edition initial release http://www.forum.nokia.com/Devices/D...ications/6600/ which will land you in a different league of troubles with support of IDE for that SDK, etc. My advise would be go in for a 3rd edition. You should take a look at http://www.forum.nokia.com/Devices/D...rix_all_1.html which happens to be part of the same link above. Use the filter to filter out the devices as per the OS/SDK, etc and select based on the SDK, IDE for the device which you choose...some work I accept, but one needs to go through the grind to decide ;-)

  14. #14
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    28,689

    Re: Series 40 Nokia SDK available for Symbian C++??

    The 6600 (http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/6600) is a rather old device, personally I would go for something that is S60 3rd edition at least.
    Also note that Nokia has re-used the 6600 number for some reason, and while the 6600 Slide (http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/6600_slide) and the 6600 Fold (http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/6600_fold) are more recent, and they look really stylish, both of them are Series 40 devices.

Similar Threads

  1. Http connection problem in 6310i
    By teahola in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2002-10-03, 18:46

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×