Please contact email@example.com for more information
Mobile Software Developer
Software Engineer – San Jose, Bellevue (WA), and Virgina
T-Mobile USA is a national provider of wireless voice, messaging, and data services capable of reaching over 268 million Americans where they live, work, and play. In a world full of busy and fragmented lives, we at T-Mobile USA, Inc. have the idea that wireless communications can help. The value of our plans, the breadth of our coverage, the reliability of our network, and the quality of our service are meant to do one thing; help you stick together with the people who make your life come alive. That’s why we’re here.
Be a part of the next technology revolution. Drive innovation for revolutionary mobile web products. Step in and have a major influence in a highly visible role on T-Mobile's next generation, content rich state of art products, driving T-Mobile’s initiative into the open mobile web space. With the advent of 3G networks and open platforms, the possibilities to create mobile content and applications are limitless. This is a particularly outstanding opportunity to be at the forefront of convergence of mobile technology innovation, social networking, and the internet. Develop revolutionary applications for the mobile internet. Work in a fun, entrepreneurial environment where customers and employees are #1. Join a company that values work/life balance and focuses on career growth/satisfaction. T-Mobile has won the JD Power & Associates Outstanding Customer Service awards for 7 years running and recently named by Business Week to the Customer Service Elite. We are passionate about delighting our customers and employees.
T-Mobile wishes to recruit software developers with experience in programming for mobile or CE devices. The successful candidate will join the device development team and get a unique opportunity to shape the future of T-Mobile’s device portfolio.
Major areas of responsibility include the following:
• Rapid prototyping of mobile applications in cooperation with marketing and product development teams
• Development of User Interfaces for mobile devices
• Development of client software for messaging and web based applications
• Application pretesting, porting and integration in extensive collaboration and interaction with other development teams such as UI designers, mobile requirements SMEs, software vendors, and handset OEMs
• Cooperation with Hardware teams regarding software porting and testing
• Scouting of mobile applications market in the search of new innovative applications, software concepts and mobile technologies
• Passion for improving and perfecting mobile devices and mobile services
• 5 plus years experience in mobile Java programming, experience in programming for Android a plus
• Experience in managing or participating in open source software development projects
• Familiarity with Flash Flash/Light, Windows Mobile, Symbian
• Knowledge of Mobile Internet Standardisation. OMA, IETF & 3GPP.
• Knowledge of development life cycle management and tools (version control, documentation)
• Familiarity with software architecture (embedded or open OS) for mobile and consumer electronics devices
• Familiarity with client server technologies and mobile networks: EDGE, UMTS, SMS, MMS, IMS, location, SynchML, presence
• Ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced and constantly changing work environment.
• Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• MS or BS in Telecommunications Engineering, EE, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
• Proven ability to lead a team a plus