Discussion Board

[moved] Need help with finding emulator with right screen resolution

Hello

I'm looking for emulator that will allow me to run MIDP applications on 176x208 and 352x416. Currently im using S60 SDK 3rd edition FP2 with default emulator, it allows only 240x320 resolution. I tried to run on 2nd edition, but i couldn't set the network preferences up properly, so application can't connect with database (so i cant login and use it).

Are there any guides how to set the 2nd edition emulator up so it can connect with db (on localhost), or are there any other emulators for 3rd edition that will allow me to use specified resolutions?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Need help with finding emulator with right screen resolution

There should be other 3rd edition emulators than 3rd FP2, you should try the FP-less one, that supports 176x208, 352x416 and 240x320, both portrait and landscape.
    And this is not a 'feedback', this is clearly a question, so General discussions or Mobile Java would have been a better choice.

Regular Contributor

Re: [moved] Need help with finding emulator with right screen resolution

Quote Originally Posted by Sigwald View Post
    Hello

I'm looking for emulator that will allow me to run MIDP applications on 176x208 and 352x416. Currently im using S60 SDK 3rd edition FP2 with default emulator, it allows only 240x320 resolution. I tried to run on 2nd edition, but i couldn't set the network preferences up properly, so application can't connect with database (so i cant login and use it).

Are there any guides how to set the 2nd edition emulator up so it can connect with db (on localhost), or are there any other emulators for 3rd edition that will allow me to use specified resolutions?
    Hi there,,
    do u set ur target midlet for S60 SDK 3rd edition FP2 device or it can be anything (example u just want to see the user interface) ?

as i know, there is no device in area of S60 SDK 3rd edition FP2 that have 352x416 display size, but there is some device in area of S60 3rd edition intial release (example N80 and E70) that currently in that display size.but as i know that all S60 SDK 3rd edition is available only in 240x320 or 320x240 display size by default. please check this : http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/matrix_all_1.html

if u want to keep deploy ur target application in S60 SDK 3rd edition FP, u can just download skin template of device that have 176x208 and 352x416 (try to googling that) and see what is ur application interface looks like..

to connect to DB to server, u can use any emulator of nokia, since it already support by HTTP connection. u can just make ur servlet in server and respon all query result from client with JDBC.

may it helps.

-regards-
    laili aidi