Discussion Board

Thread: N73 log history

N73 log history

My n73 has a feature named "LOG" , wich show all incoming/outgoing calls,SMS etc,in fact is a log with everything.I DON'T WANT IT,for privacy reasons.I can't delete nothing from that log which drive me crazy.How can i disable it ,or how can i delete some entries without clear all?
    Last edited by entaro79; 2008-10-04 at 11:10.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: N73 log history

I think the logs application only has option on clearing it all, so you have two options:

1. Google to find a software that can delete log entries one-by-one
    2. Make the software by yourself (Wiki has exmaples on log client APIs, so you could propably get it done by merging some example codes together)

Go to the log application and turn the logging off by choosing "Log duration: No log" in application's settings. The operation will delete the current entries and also stop the log from recording future events.

All this is obviously documented in phone's user guide, together with information about how to use phone's security features in order to protect your privacy.

On my E66 I can delete individual log entries however I don't know when this feature was introduced.

In the future please discuss your phone usage problems at http://discussions.europe.nokia.com
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

enter the log menu press joystick r8 side..at last u can see ur all incoming,out going calls and msgs entry...at there nokia give option clear log.but u cant delete one by one log entry. without any software...u Can find a software.It Give u Option delete log entries one-by-one..otherwise u can also make software...

In the future please discuss your phone usage problems at http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/discussions/--The End User Forum

Be Happy and Do your Best.

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    Go to the log application and turn the logging off by choosing "Log duration: No log" in application's settings. The operation will delete the current entries and also stop the log from recording future events.

All this is obviously documented in phone's user guide, together with information about how to use phone's security features in order to protect your privacy.

On my E66 I can delete individual log entries however I don't know when this feature was introduced.

In the future please discuss your phone usage problems at http://discussions.europe.nokia.com

Hi,
    how are you able to delete individual log entries on your E66 ? I can only delete all on my E66.

Thanks
    foodie

Quote Originally Posted by foodie View Post
    Hi,
    how are you able to delete individual log entries on your E66 ? I can only delete all on my E66.

Thanks
    foodie
    Which API are you using with it ?

O are you just using the normal logs application, and its menu options ?

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    Which API are you using with it ?

O are you just using the normal logs application, and its menu options ?
    Hi,
    pardon me for my ignorance but what's API ?
    I think I should be using normal log application, menu options.

rgds
    foodie

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by foodie View Post
    Hi,
    pardon me for my ignorance but what's API ?
    I think I should be using normal log application, menu options.

rgds
    foodie
    hello foodie

before any of your question i will suggest you that this is a developer discussion board. So it will be better if you post your query at http://discussions.europe.nokia.com which is a end user forum.

Best Regards
    Gaba88

-- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

I have a N73 and I want to increase the duration over which the call logs are stored in the cell phone. The longest is 1 month in the settings. Is there a way to increase this period to say, something like 3 months ?

If you read this thread carefully, you will get a link towards the end-user discussion boards.
    Otherwise - if you happen to be a software developer - the answer is yes: it is certainly possible to create an application which stores log entries even forever, and it might be possible to create an application for setting log duration for something that the UI would not allow.