×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    9

    Strange issue using OTA provisioning in N78 - JAR size doesn't match JAD file

    Hi folks.

    I'm testing my application in several phones using OTA provisioning. One of them is Nokia N78.

    This strange issue happens when I try to download the application using the JAD file. After downloading the JAD file and start the download of the corresponding JAR file, it is shown the "JAR doesn't match the byte size in the JAD" message.

    I know that this happens when the field "MIDlet-Jar-Size" in the JAD file has a different value from the real JAR size in bytes. I've checked the real size of the JAR file and is exactly the one specified in the JAD file.

    I know as well that the web browser can use cache to store JAD files, and because of that I cleaned the web browser cache. But it didn't worked and now I'm wondering if it is a bug in that Nokia model software.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA, CA
    Posts
    7,192

    Re: Strange issue using OTA provisioning in N78 - JAR size doesn't match JAD file

    I have not heard of such problem before.

    Does this problem happen only on N78 phone? If yes, which other phones have you tried?
    Is the JAR size in the JAD inserted by an IDE, or have you manually edited that?
    Also are you sure that you have an older copy of the JAR file in the server for some reason...

    Hartti

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    9

    Re: Strange issue using OTA provisioning in N78 - JAR size doesn't match JAD file

    Thank you for the fast response.

    >Is the JAR size in the JAD inserted by an IDE, or have you manually edited that?

    I generate the JAD file using a custom tool that retrieves the size of a pregenerated JAR file that we have in our server. So the file size is exactly the same of the JAR file to download.

    > Also are you sure that you have an older copy of the JAR file in the server for some reason...

    I've checked if we had any old version of the JAR file in the server and there wasn't any.

    > Does this problem happen only on N78 phone? If yes, which other phones have you tried?

    We have the same problem using Nokia 6124 model. But we have tried using Nokia N70 and other brands' models and didn't have any problem


    Thanks

  4. #4
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA, CA
    Posts
    7,192

    Re: Strange issue using OTA provisioning in N78 - JAR size doesn't match JAD file

    Do the problematic phones have any older version of the MIDlet on them? (like on N78 in the inbox)

    Hartti

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    9

    Re: Strange issue using OTA provisioning in N78 - JAR size doesn't match JAD file

    Thank you dude!

    It worked but the fact was that in the inbox there was a JAR that had the same MIDlet name as the one I was trying to download but different JAR file name.

    So I still don't know why, if the JAR file names where different, how did the phone managed to try to use the old JAR file.


    Best regards

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2

    Re: Strange issue using OTA provisioning in N78 - JAR size doesn't match JAD file

    "Jad and jar size dont match" error could happen not only if MIDlet-Jar-Size value is wrong.
    I got the same error when i have different MIDlet-Permissions in jad and MANIFEST.

  7. #7
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Santiago, Chile
    Posts
    83

    Thumbs up Re: Strange issue using OTA provisioning in N78 - JAR size doesn't match JAD file

    Hi, this an old post, but I had the exact same problem, and the solution maybe wasn't clear.
    The problem is that in the 6210 and 5230 (I tried this on both) if you have the jar of your MIDlet in the BLUETOOTH Inbox, when you try download the jad, the system will check against the jar in the inbox and not the one specified in the jad. Crazy!
    The solution is to delete all the MIDlet's jar you have in your Bluetooth Inbox.

    It must be a bug in the phone software, but I could not find it specified anywere.

    Regards,
    Alejandro Woywood.



    Quote Originally Posted by enxebreman View Post
    Thank you dude!

    It worked but the fact was that in the inbox there was a JAR that had the same MIDlet name as the one I was trying to download but different JAR file name.

    So I still don't know why, if the JAR file names where different, how did the phone managed to try to use the old JAR file.


    Best regards

Similar Threads

  1. [moved] Theme Studio Error
    By TalJ in forum Themes/Carbide.ui
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2009-09-06, 03:39
  2. Theme Studio 3.1 not creating themes
    By zemm in forum Themes/Carbide.ui
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2008-10-18, 08:41
  3. [announce] PyUIQ. Python for UIQ 2.1 and 3.x
    By OscarBernabeu in forum Python
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 2008-01-17, 09:12
  4. Help needed with a 3gp file...
    By joedoe_1981 in forum Streaming and Video
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2007-07-18, 18:58
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2005-05-26, 14:22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •