Discussion Board

Question Question about Nokia Mobile Proto Device

Dear all,

I have a question concerning a proto and SMS.

If one has a proto device of Nokia, could a proto have a program that inserts a command to ones SIM-card, to send everyday one sms to Nokias server, without ones knowledge about the send?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Question about Nokia Mobile Proto Device

I'm rather sure there is no such a thing, though I'll ask from the proto handling ladies next time I go to Helsinki.

Anyway, why would you think that there would be a such feature implemented with Nokai proto devices ?

Thank you for a quick answer.

I really don't know it for sure, but one started having international sms on ones invoices, after having inserted a SIM to a Nokia proto device.

One used a proto for a while, but changed to a regular device, after one notified this on ones invoice. And even now it sends international sms, after one changed the device...??

The number that the sms goes, is the country where the proto had come to ones use.
    Last edited by acceri; 2008-10-07 at 16:59. Reason: typo

I have used plenty of protos, and never had seen anything like that. anyway, if you have concerns, please contact the proto load service, or if you have a BDM you could contact him/her and voice your concerns.

Hi,

I'll pass this information forward. Actually, I'm not having this problem. I'm just wondering it and trying to have it solved (from my point of view, CustomerService of an MobileOperator). Problem on this matter is hard to understand, because it has started after using a proto-device. Next we'll have to change ones SIM-card without copying content of SIM.

Could Nokia have somekind Internal Supervision on protos with this type of Sim-behaviour?

New information concerning this problem.

The one is using now another proto. Both protos has been Supernova series protos. First proto send one sms per day. Now for couple of days a new proto has been on use, and now the proto sends two sms per day. While using a normal phone (no proto), sms weren't sent.

The number, that sms goes, is not on contactlist on the phone.

I do not like repeating myself, but lets do it once again:

"if you have concerns, please contact the proto loan service, or if you have a BDM you could contact him/her and voice your concerns"

Hi,

I'm sorry not being familiar with the right terms..

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    if you have concerns, please contact the proto load service, or if you have a BDM you could contact him/her and voice your concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    I do not like repeating myself, but lets do it once again: "if you have concerns, please contact the proto loan service, or if you have a BDM you could contact him/her and voice your concerns"

Sorry..

Let's put it this way: our common customer, the developer to which the proto device was loaned, should contact [Forum] Nokia through the same channels through which he/she aranged for access to the device. If there is any information available about the SMS sending issue the information would be communicated to him/her.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

my question is What is protodevice loaning?

Quote Originally Posted by pooja choudhary View Post
    my question is What is protodevice loaning?
    Basically, it would mean that some close partners of Nokia migth in some cases have access to devices which are not yet commercially available, i.e. they could loan devices.