Discussion Board

Application terminates abruptly w/o error on every device of S60 3rd Edition FP-2

This J2ME Application is a Instant-Messenger based on protocol OMA-IMPS having features of chat/picture messaging/sms/call etc. This application is ported to several devices.
    But i am facing critical issue of sudden termination of my application while running on every device belongs to S60 3rd edition FeaturePack-2,example N78, N96, 6210, 6220 etc.

After launching the midlet, once we try to log-in, application suddenly gets END on any screen without any error/exception and user comes to main menu of the device.

Stage of termination is not defined and not same, sometimes it terminates when sign-in process is going on, sometimes after fetching contact list, sometimes while doing conversation, or in sending picture...

I have debugged the code, but no error/exception is caught.
    I have tried to run messging application based on symbian,its running fine.other j2me client-server application is also running fine based on http/socket connections.

Can anybody help me and suggest what sought of problem are thr in S60 3rd Edi FP-2 Devices???

Re: Application terminates abruptly w/o error on every device of S60 3rd Edition FP-2

Hi friends,

I am facing same problem in last few days...Please have look below post and suggest me. How to resolve this problem....

Smile Re: Application terminates abruptly w/o error on every device of S60 3rd Edition FP-2

Hi All,

My problem is solved finally!!
    The problem was with continuous calls to a "synchronized" method.

Actually, method paint() which was getting executed every time was set as synchronized,
    Like this :
    public synchronized void paint(Graphics g)
    I removed the synchronized keyword and run the application, than no termination happened.

May be this will help the readers if they stuck with same kind of problem.

Thanks&Regards,
    Divs