×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    103

    Problem with Sun Wireless Toolkit

    Hi!,
    I am developing an RMS related application in Sun wireless Toolkit. I have a problem with SunWtk.
    While the application is in running state, it works well. After close the application, again try to run it,all the created RecordStores was deleted automatically.
    pls give me the solution-----

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    2,406

    Re: Problem with Sun Wireless Toolkit

    Have you manually checked in 'appdb/' folders, to see if RMS files are actually deleted?

    If not, it's possible that they remain locked after an emulator instance has been closed. To check this, after you've closed your emulator, check if a file named 'in.use' still exists in the same RMS folder. If yes, simply delete it

    Hope it helps,
    Pit

  3. #3
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    103

    Re: Problem with Sun Wireless Toolkit

    Quote Originally Posted by jappit View Post
    Have you manually checked in 'appdb/' folders, to see if RMS files are actually deleted?

    If not, it's possible that they remain locked after an emulator instance has been closed. To check this, after you've closed your emulator, check if a file named 'in.use' still exists in the same RMS folder. If yes, simply delete it

    Hope it helps,
    Pit
    I didn't found any of RMS files in appdb folder. Infact, I run the application using netbeans integrated wtk. I am not installing seperately. What is the file in.use, i could not found it, in the application folder. Pls, help me----

  4. #4
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    2,406

    Re: Problem with Sun Wireless Toolkit

    Hi Neeraja,

    usually WTK shipped with NetBeans has its emulator filesystem roots located under a folder like this:
    c:\Program Files\NetBeans 6.0\mobility8\WTK2.5.2\j2mewtk_template\appdb\<CHOSEN_EMULATOR>\
    Have you looked into that folder as well?

    Pit

  5. #5
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    103

    Re: Problem with Sun Wireless Toolkit

    Quote Originally Posted by jappit View Post
    Hi Neeraja,

    usually WTK shipped with NetBeans has its emulator filesystem roots located under a folder like this:

    Have you looked into that folder as well?

    Pit
    I could not found such "in.use" file in the specified folder. I can find only filesystem folder in the c:\programfiles\netbeans6.1\----\appdb\defaultcolorphone.

  6. #6
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    2,406

    Re: Problem with Sun Wireless Toolkit

    Hi neeraja,

    you shouldn't actually see that file (if emulator is not running): so there's no problem with it.

    About your issue, can you find the RMS .db files into DefaultColorPhone folder?

    Pit

  7. #7
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    915

    Re: Problem with Sun Wireless Toolkit

    Quote Originally Posted by neeraja.nokia View Post
    Hi!,
    I am developing an RMS related application in Sun wireless Toolkit. I have a problem with SunWtk.
    While the application is in running state, it works well. After close the application, again try to run it,all the created RecordStores was deleted automatically.
    pls give me the solution-----
    I faced same problem with netbeans. My problem was that i had a concept that by pressing F6 the netbeas used to build also and then execute. So if you are using netbeans as a editor. Or not bulding the package then please check it.

  8. #8
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    103

    Re: Problem with Sun Wireless Toolkit

    Quote Originally Posted by jappit View Post
    Hi neeraja,

    you shouldn't actually see that file (if emulator is not running): so there's no problem with it.

    About your issue, can you find the RMS .db files into DefaultColorPhone folder?

    Pit
    thank for replying----
    I cann't find the RMS .db files in DefalutColorPhone folder.

Similar Threads

  1. Problem while using Wireless Toolkit
    By sachinwarang in forum Mobile Java Tools & SDKs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2006-03-13, 12:19
  2. Problem while using Wireless Toolkit
    By sachinwarang in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2006-03-13, 11:17
  3. J2ME Wireless Toolkit 2.2 & Series 60 MIDP SDK problem
    By schmooz in forum Mobile Java Tools & SDKs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2005-11-28, 22:26
  4. Problem with C110 and D-Link DI-624+ wireless router
    By cy_ang in forum Multimodecards
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2005-01-04, 04:54

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×