Discussion Board

N95-1 with N95-4 Slide and Screen modification.

Hi Everyone,

OK, out of the new spares I had, (2.8" N95 8gb lcd & slide mechanism and a N95-1 with a smashed screen) I put the 2 together, and ended up with a N95-1 with a 2.8" screen.

The only problem is the screen is blank the keys for the media player buttons light up but not the keys below the screen. The phone work perfectly as I can connect to it from my laptop and also make calls from it.

I am not sure if it is possible to get this to work, I would like to just out of curriosity.

The only thing I can figure is there is some thing different between the firmware for the N95-1 and the N95-4 when it comes to the display drivers. I was going to force an N95 8gb firmware upgrade on the N95-1. I have the firmware but not the tools to do this.

If you guys can think of any other route I can explore to maybe get this working I would really appreciate it.

Thanks everyone.

Phil

Re: N95-1 with N95-4 Slide and Screen modification.

i have a way to resolve! buy a darn display that does work! and stop trying to mess up your phones!

Hi,
    Well you look like the one who really like to experiment with your device (hardware wise), well I can say best of luck for your efforts but I guess this is not the right forum where you can get some clue for your requirement, Why dont you try
    http://discussions.europe.nokia.com
    may be some luck here
    Maximus
    S60 Developer
    Impossible is nothing

Quote Originally Posted by sygys View Post
    i have a way to resolve! buy a darn display that does work! and stop trying to mess up your phones!
    Thanks for a completely useless reply. !

Quote Originally Posted by yogpan View Post
    Hi,
    Well you look like the one who really like to experiment with your device (hardware wise), well I can say best of luck for your efforts but I guess this is not the right forum where you can get some clue for your requirement, Why dont you try
    http://discussions.europe.nokia.com
    may be some luck here
    Thanks for that mate i'll give it a try, definatley looks to be a firmware thing, the outputs to the screen are slightly different on the 2 different models. Yet the hardware is for the most part the same.