Discussion Board

Thread: help with mms

help with mms

hello, i have a 3510i on virgin mobile and they say

"This phone has not been tested for GPRS or MMS by Virgin Mobile, so we're unable to guarantee it's compatibility with these services"

in other words they wont do mms. is there anyway i can send mms maybe over wap or a diffrent network. my last resort will be to get the phone unlocked and change to orange which is looking likly

Regular Contributor

RE: help with mms

Hello

Well, officially, the answer is No. If your service provider does not support MMS, you will not be able to obtain MMS service.

You can try to find a different network to use, but most carriers that own MMSCs will only allow their own paid subscribers access to their MMSC. This makes sense... since they won't get paid for your use of their server.

You may want to check the press releases to see when/if your carrier will be providing this service. Many carriers (who haven't already) will begin to provide MMS service this year.

Have fun!
    ~quyen

RE: help with mms

well i think i will get the phone locked virgin say they will unlock it after u spend 30 on there serivce and then i will switch to orange i have to say how disipointed i was went it wouldnt work. they say they cant guarrantee it will work but they know fine well it wont.