×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6

    SymbianError: Errno -46 KErrPermissionDenied

    Hi,

    I have developed a Python application for the N95.
    The application runs fine in the python shell. I
    created a sis file with all caps available to the
    developer. When the application loads up it displays
    a canvas containing two images and some txt. The sis
    file is installed on the sdcard and the images are
    located in private/**uid**/resources/ui/. I have
    checked the images are there on the sd card. When i
    run my sis file after the successful install in
    through an error : "SymbianError: Errno -46
    KErrPermissionDenied".

    What im doing wrong and why is the error coming up???
    :S

    Thank you very much for you help.

    regards

    Paul Haenel

  2. #2
    Wiki Moderators
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    21.46 N 72.11 E
    Posts
    3,779

    Re: SymbianError: Errno -46 KErrPermissionDenied

    Quote Originally Posted by paul.haenel View Post
    "SymbianError: Errno -46
    KErrPermissionDenied".
    Its a capability error.

    1) Check if the SIS file is signed with all caps before installation.

    2) Check if you mentioned the caps while creating the SIS file in ensymble.

    Best Regards,
    Croozeus
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6

    Re: SymbianError: Errno -46 KErrPermissionDenied

    Quote Originally Posted by croozeus View Post
    Its a capability error.

    1) Check if the SIS file is signed with all caps before installation.

    2) Check if you mentioned the caps while creating the SIS file in ensymble.

    Best Regards,
    Croozeus
    yes i have check and i do sign them with all caps available to developers ( ie the list on symbiansigned.com for Open Signed Online method).

  4. #4
    Wiki Moderators
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    21.46 N 72.11 E
    Posts
    3,779

    Re: SymbianError: Errno -46 KErrPermissionDenied

    Quote Originally Posted by paul.haenel View Post
    yes i have check and i do sign them with all caps available to developers ( ie the list on symbiansigned.com for Open Signed Online method).
    Other thing, the application has to be installed on the same drive where Python is installed.
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6

    Re: SymbianError: Errno -46 KErrPermissionDenied

    Quote Originally Posted by croozeus View Post
    Other thing, the application has to be installed on the same drive where Python is installed.
    yes have done that as well

  6. #6
    Wiki Moderators
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    21.46 N 72.11 E
    Posts
    3,779

    Re: SymbianError: Errno -46 KErrPermissionDenied

    Let me have a look at the code and if possible also give the link to the SIS file, so that we can check.

    Best Regards,
    Croozeus
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6

    Re: SymbianError: Errno -46 KErrPermissionDenied

    Quote Originally Posted by croozeus View Post
    Let me have a look at the code and if possible also give the link to the SIS file, so that we can check.

    Best Regards,
    Croozeus
    do you have an email address so i can email it to you rather then over the public forum. Just email me at ....
    Last edited by paul.haenel; 2008-10-13 at 11:20.

  8. #8
    Wiki Moderators
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    21.46 N 72.11 E
    Posts
    3,779

    Re: SymbianError: Errno -46 KErrPermissionDenied

    Quote Originally Posted by paul.haenel View Post
    do you have an email address so i can email it to you rather then over the public forum. Just email me at paul.haenel@gmail.com
    Ofcourse I have an email address.

    You can remove your email address from the post if you want now

    Best Regards,
    Croozeus
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 2009-07-24, 18:02
  2. Publish&Subscribe problem: RProperty:Set returns KErrPermissionDenied
    By mrtj in forum Symbian Signed Support, Application Packaging and Distribution and Security
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2008-08-05, 00:43
  3. KErrPermissionDenied from KPropertyKeyBluetoothSetDeviceClass
    By andrewbe in forum Symbian Networking & Messaging (Closed)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2008-01-24, 21:10
  4. KErrPermissionDenied and Keylistener
    By gemilib in forum Symbian
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2007-10-29, 11:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •