Discussion Board

Symbian Series 60 and Java J2ME Games

Just a quick background, we are an internet/advertising company and we want to offer our clients mobile solutions. One thing we are looking at is to having games developed for them, however I do not know or understand how they are delivered to a mobile device.

So please could some one tell me how Games developed in Symbian Series 60 and Java J2ME are put on the phone? I know you can get Java games through premier rate numbers but how are they delivered to the phone.

Is this done the same way SMS is sent to a mobile device?

Also once you have a game on your mobile, either Symbian Series 60 and Java J2ME and your mobile has an infrared port can you beam the game to another phone?

Regular Contributor

RE: Symbian Series 60 and Java J2ME Games

Hi,

Games developed for Symbian Series 60 and Java can be loaded on the device using either Infrared, Bluetooth or OTA.
    You can also send an SMS message with the URL link of your Game files in the SMS message which can be downloaded via the WAP browser.
    If the phone supports DRM solutions their is no way you can beam Symbian Series 60 or Java application from one mobile to another.

Best regards,
    Ravi