Discussion Board

using indicator structures in linux

I have manged to create applications that pass request structures through the message queue and recieve response structures back, which is analougous to the IPC pipe used in the windows SDK. However how does one register to recieve an indicator event from the message queue. There is no example of this avliable. IE it is easy to write functions to use a message queue in linux to emulate the IPCSendRequest and related functions from the windows SDK, however how would one emulate the IPCRegisterIndications function?? do we pass an indicator structure through the message queue and then poll the third queue the driver creates ? if indications are recieved on the third queue the process of recieving them is simple, just need to know how to register for the indicators.

Hopefully I have explained my question well, otherwise please post and I will elaborate. Asides from this minor gripe I have no problems with the linux version of the driver and SDK, although it would be nice if it would work with SMP based systems.

Thanks

Chris

Regular Contributor

RE: using indicator structures in linux

Hello,

In the Windows side the the following works. Please, try it on Linux, too:

Indications are sent to a third message queue (you can see all the three queues with ipcs -q). They can be received in the similar manner as responces, with the difference that no request sent (check d211/ui/sndmsg.cpp) first. The key argument for the msgget can be discovered with KEY_OF_MSQ macro (in d211/control/public/ipclinux.h), e.g. KEY_OF_MSQ(ipc_indication->Header.MessageID). The msgrcv is used to get the indication from the indication queue. The msgtyp argument for the msgrcv can be get with the IND_MSG_TYPE macro: IND_MSG_TYPE(ipc_indication->Header.MessageID). The msgflg argument must be set to 0.

Note, that the driver supports only a subset of SDK indications.

Best Regards,

Nokia D211 Support