Discussion Board

Streaming in Nokia 5300

Dear All,

I treid to play the 3gp format songs through RTSP streaming in nokia 5300 device. Here it shows Media Exception Device Error. Like
    (javax.microedition.media.MediaException: device error).I put the songs in server, from server i need to play the songs. Exactly what is the wrong i can't find out. If any one knows about this can u help me.. Plz... And i need also, in nokia 40series which devices is supporting the RTSP streaming?

Thanks&Regards,
    Suresh A

Super Contributor

Re: Streaming in Nokia 5300

5300 should support it
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/document/...C5169200C.html

Maybe there are some mistakes in your code or therer is some problem in the stream...or you have not properly defined the access points for your MIDlet...

Hartti

HI Hartti,

Even i try to play the song directly from web, That time also i got the alert message like no response. our url is...(rtsp://addressortno/songname.3gp). From web i gave this address but its not working. Please help me its very important for me. please....

Thanks&Regards,
    Suresh A

Question Re: Streaming in Nokia 5300

Quote Originally Posted by hartti View Post
    5300 should support it
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/document/...C5169200C.html

Maybe there are some mistakes in your code or therer is some problem in the stream...or you have not properly defined the access points for your MIDlet...

Hartti

Hi Hartti,

Thanks for reply .

As u were mentioning about the access points . I came to know that we can have to set the access points using the code .Can u please elaborate about that access point settings.

And one more thing is that the same code used for a series 60 mobile has been used for the series 40 .is it should work or should i make any changes in the code .

Can u give a possible solution for this.

If needed i am ready to share the code with u .

Thanks,
    Suresh.

Super Contributor

You said that the URL does not work in the Web either, so really there is some problem with your stream. Is your RTSP server setup properly?

No, you cannot set the access points through code in Series 40 phones.

Hartti

You said that the URL does not work in the Web either, so really there is some problem with your stream. Is your RTSP server setup properly?

No, you cannot set the access points through code in Series 40 phones.

Hartti
    Hi Hartti,

Thanks again for the reply

sorry a little bit of confusion over here.Let me explain u the clear process of streaming which i have been working on.

-->first is that we have chosen the darwin streaming server for streaming the audio content.We have set the server the server in our server and checked with the browser , installed the quicktime player on the system. Its working fine with the player provided the rtsp protocol (streaming the audio placed in the server)
    -->the second thing is in the client side coding i have used the same rtsp protocol for streaming and i have already mentioned that the streaming is working fine on series 60 mobiles.

My queries are:

-->When the song is made to stream directly without my application in the mobile browser it is streaming through the realplayer in series 60 mobiles and not working on series 40 mobiles(my device is Nokia 5300)

I doubt this is because of the realplayer installed in series 60 and not in series 40

Can u kindly consider these things a give me an accurate solution

As this solution may solve my urgeny for the demo application i am waiting the solution can u please look into this .

Thanks,
    suresh .A

Red face Re: Streaming in Nokia 5300

Quote Originally Posted by suribabuas View Post
    Hi Hartti,

Thanks again for the reply

sorry a little bit of confusion over here.Let me explain u the clear process of streaming which i have been working on.

-->first is that we have chosen the darwin streaming server for streaming the audio content.We have set the server the server in our server and checked with the browser , installed the quicktime player on the system. Its working fine with the player provided the rtsp protocol (streaming the audio placed in the server)
    -->the second thing is in the client side coding i have used the same rtsp protocol for streaming and i have already mentioned that the streaming is working fine on series 60 mobiles.

My queries are:

-->When the song is made to stream directly without my application in the mobile browser it is streaming through the realplayer in series 60 mobiles and not working on series 40 mobiles(my device is Nokia 5300)

I doubt this is because of the realplayer installed in series 60 and not in series 40

Can u kindly consider these things a give me an accurate solution

As this solution may solve my urgeny for the demo application i am waiting the solution can u please look into this .

Thanks,
    suresh .A

Hi Hartti,

Please give me the response for this query.

Regards,
    Suresh A

Super Contributor

Are you trying to stream 3gp or realaudio format?
    Do you have the preferred access point defined in your phone, as that's the one the MIDlets use (can any MIDlet connect successfully to the net... just testing with the browser is not enough)

Hartti

Are you trying to stream 3gp or realaudio format?
    Do you have the preferred access point defined in your phone, as that's the one the MIDlets use (can any MIDlet connect successfully to the net... just testing with the browser is not enough)

Hartti
    We are trying to stream the 3gp format.Yes we have the access point defined in the phone and we are able to connect through the midlet .Problem is that we are not getting any response when we connected through the midlet.(it shows connected and after sometime it gives a message saying ....no response).

Note:Even though we connect to the server through the mobile directly we are unable to stream the audio from the server .
    (this is the case with the series 40 phones)

Regards,
    Suresh A.

Unhappy Re: Streaming in Nokia 5300

We are trying to stream the 3gp format.Yes we have the access point defined in the phone and we are able to connect through the midlet .Problem is that we are not getting any response when we connected through the midlet.(it shows connected and after sometime it gives a message saying ....no response).

Note:Even though we connect to the server through the mobile directly we are unable to stream the audio from the server .
    (this is the case with the series 40 phones)

Regards,
    Suresh A.

Hi Hartti give me the exact response. is there any mobile configuration settings for streaming.or UDP ports is the problem? definitly i need to work streaming in nokia 5300. Please help me.

Regards,
    Suresh

Angry Re: Streaming in Nokia 5300

Hi Hartti give me the exact response. is there any mobile configuration settings for streaming.or UDP ports is the problem? definitly i need to work streaming in nokia 5300. Please help me.

Regards,
    Suresh

Hi All,

For above two posts i didnt get any response. please see and give me the correct reponse please.

Regards,
    Suresh A

I have exact the same problem but with 5310. It's a little bit annoying.

Manager returns that rtsp is supported but tried to stream m.youtube.com stream (and a few 3gpp, etc. through rtsp) and it didn't work. Although it works on native 5310 media player.

Nokia, anyone?

Hi Mr Citan,
    I cant understood in Nokia 5310 RTSP streaming working or not? Nokia 5310 is not a FP2 devices na. So through the url(http://www.forum.nokia.com/document/...C5169200C.html)only FP2 devices supported to RTSP streaming. But I tried to play the songs in Nokia 5300, Its not playing it shows the No response message.

So I don't know exactly If Nokia 5310 is supported to RTSP streaming or not. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards,
    Suresh

Quote Originally Posted by citan View Post
    I have exact the same problem but with 5310. It's a little bit annoying.

Manager returns that rtsp is supported but tried to stream m.youtube.com stream (and a few 3gpp, etc. through rtsp) and it didn't work. Although it works on native 5310 media player.

Nokia, anyone?