Discussion Board

some questions about AGPS and Network based Positioning

It seams non-gnss positioning becoming more and more popular in this board. I have some questions about AGPS and Network based positioning methods as well.
    1)Does anyone have some ideas about the accuracy of both above methods and AGPS performances(for example: initial time..recapture time after GPS signal lost) ?
    2)Is this possible to retrieve the Cell-IDs and RSSI of not only the one mobile phone connected, but also some other base stations.
    3)Where i can find some installable s60 applications running on mobile phone for AGPS and Network based positioning tests(S60 3rd FP1 emulator does not support those two methods)?

Thanks
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Ling

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: some questions about AGPS and Network based Positioning

Quote Originally Posted by eling0167 View Post
    It seams non-gnss positioning becoming more and more popular in this board. I have some questions about AGPS and Network based positioning methods as well.
    1)Does anyone have some ideas about the accuracy of both above methods and AGPS performances(for example: initial time..recapture time after GPS signal lost) ?
    2)Is this possible to retrieve the Cell-IDs and RSSI of not only the one mobile phone connected, but also some other base stations.
    3)Where i can find some installable s60 applications running on mobile phone for AGPS and Network based positioning tests(S60 3rd FP1 emulator does not support those two methods)?

Thanks

This Might Help for different

From www.getjar.com you might find some application.

I found a paper Mobile Location Applications and Enabling Technologies ION GPS 2002.It presents the detail of those techniques.
    I do not think it is possible to retrieve all the Cell-ids.

Signing the LocationRefAppForS60 example in s60ex.
    Ling

Hi,

1)
    AGPS
    Accuracy: 4-40m. Init. Time: 30sec

Cell Id
    Accuracy: 150-250m. Init.Time: 5sec

2) No, it's not possible.

3) I really don't know, sorry

I did some tests just now. Network based method,3.5G network,HRMS 117m. Edge net work,HRMS 94m. Better than my expectation. Traingulation method must be used instead of one connected Cell-ID. The accurate is round 1km in google mobile map.
    Does anyone know which traingulation technique used in Nokia Location Acqusition API?E-OTD,AOA or TDOA?
    Ling