Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Thumbs up Regarding MMF API

Hi friends,

I want to know whether MMF is supported by all S60 & S40 sdks?
    I mean is MMF available in S60 3rd edition FP1?
    is MMF available in S60 3rd edition FP2?
    is MMF available in S60 3rd edition FP3?

Are there any documents can I get regarding my question?

Thanks,
    Manoj.

Regular Contributor

Re: Regarding MMF API

Hi,

I am also looking for same. It is available in 3rd Ed MR as extension plugin but couldn't see in 3rd ed FP1 onwards. We need mp3 decoder. I heard that there are some applications based on CMMFCodec even on FP1/FP2 but not sure how they get it. Please help.

Manoj, see my reply on the multimedia board and please don't multi-post.

jas76 - most of the MMF is available in the SDKs but there are some APIs that in the the plug-in packs. CMMFCodec is a bit of a special case as it was in the original extension for 3rd MR and isn't in the plug-in packs.

If you develop an application using the 3rd MR SDK with the MMF extension then you can run it on FP1 and FP2 devices. If you really need to use a later SDK than 3rd MR then your only options are to try to partner the API from Nokia or copy the header and .lib files to the newer SDK - this may or may not work and you might get different results on emulator and actual devices.

Sorcery

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jas76 View Post
    I am also looking for same. It is available in 3rd Ed MR as extension plugin but couldn't see in 3rd ed FP1 onwards. We need mp3 decoder.
    You can always try if linking with the libraries from the MR-plugin produces working code for FP1/2 devices.
    I heard that there are some applications based on CMMFCodec even on FP1/FP2 but not sure how they get it. Please help.
    It might be http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...nering_Program

Regular Contributor

Hi Sorcery/Wizard_hu,

If you develop an application using the 3rd MR SDK with the MMF extension then you can run it on FP1 and FP2 devices. If you really need to use a later SDK than 3rd MR then your only options are to try to partner the API from Nokia or copy the header and .lib files to the newer SDK
    You can always try if linking with the libraries from the MR-plugin produces working code for FP1/2 devices.
    Thanks. That is really helpful. I will try that, Yes I need to use FP1/FP2 SDK because I am using other plugings (Call Audio Control specifically) that are not available in MR so I have rebuild my application with later SDK. Since you gave me this hope I am wondering if it is true other way round as well i.e. dropping Call Audio Control from FP1 plugin pack to MR?

Nothing could be better than building application with single SDK and use it on al S60 3rd ed devices.

Nokia Developer Moderator

You can also try that for yourself, your device will not get harmed from such an experiment. However there are obviously better chances when you are trying to rely on "backwards compatibility" (which is an existing thing in general) than on "forwards compatibility" (which is a non-existing thing in general). And remember that the plugin packs come without compatibility guarantees even for the devices they are meant to be used with. You have to test your executables on each device you want to support.

Regular Contributor

Hi Wizard_hu,

Thanks for advice. I will follow that.

-Jas